Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Poll: what is the difference between clever & smart?

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

clever is nicking some ones bubble, smart is keeping them.

• 1 decade ago

I don't really know... I suppose the way i think of it is that theres a few kinds of cleve&smart:

One, Clever/Smart, being knowlagable about the things you'd typicaly associate with intelligence, knowing about the world, sort of, academic subjects: numbers etc.

Another: Being clever/smart: knowing about people, behaviour, being streetwise, knowing how to communicate well... etc.

And even another: just being clever in your own field, knowing a lot about your passions/interests.

I think there's a lot of diffirences between the words, in the sense that there are variations of 'clever' & 'smart'. But I think they both really mean the same thing.

If that makes sense

• 1 decade ago

this should do it:

clever |ˈklevər|

adjective ( cleverer , cleverest )

quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent : a clever and studious young woman | how clever of him to think of this!

• skilled at doing or achieving something; talented : he was clever at getting what he wanted | she is clever with her hands.

• (of a thing, action, or idea) showing intelligence or skill; ingenious : a simple but clever idea for helping people learn computing.

• superficially ingenious or witty : a story too clever and tidy to be real.

• dated [usu. with negative ] informal sensible; well-advised : it wasn't too clever, leaving Dolly alone.

smart |smärt|

adjective

1 informal having or showing a quick-witted intelligence : if he was that smart he would never have been tricked.

• (of a device) capable of independent and seemingly intelligent action : hi-tech smart weapons.

• showing impertinence by making clever or sarcastic remarks : don't get smart or I'll whack you one.

2 (of a person) clean, neat, and well-dressed : you look very smart.

• (of clothes) attractively neat and stylish : a smart blue skirt.

• (of a thing) bright and fresh in appearance : a smart green van.

• (of a person or place) fashionable and upscale : a smart restaurant.

3 quick; brisk : I gave him a smart salute.

• painfully severe : a dog that snaps is given a smart blow.

Source(s): New Oxford American Dictionary
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Smart people just know stuff. The clever people know it and do it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you know the difference between clever and smart when your clever and not when your smart

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think clever is being naturally intelligent while smartness is achieved by studying

• 1 decade ago

I kind of associate "clever" with sort of like street smarts where as the other is more like academic smarts.

• Nachel
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Both are usually appeals for things you ask for selfishly or ought to take care of yourself. The Lottery costs you a around 70 cents for each dollar of return on the long term, and it has only materialistic benefits. Prayer doesn t cost you anything, the results are based on the request s agreement with the perfect divine plan, and it can have eternal benefits. The Lottery will break your bank account, but investing in prayer builds your heavenly account -- if you have accepted the deposit that s waiting to take you out of the red.

• 1 decade ago

You're clever, i'm smart. Sums it up

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Judas is smart but i am clever

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.