Borneo Island in Malaysia?

I plan to go to Borneo island for around 5 days. I'd like to explore lots of the tropical rainforests, wildlife and beach. Where is the ideal place to live on the island?

( I really like a lodge in a jungle, or an overwater bunglow, somewhere really near the nature, not in the middle of the city)

• bean
    Favorite Answer

Hi! In my post below, you can get ideas of what to do. As I stayed in the city, I don't have specific recommendations for you.

But why not try searching for accommodation up at the Sabah Tea Garden or in Kinabalu Park (if you attempt to reach the top).

it's more exact if you use the term East Malaysia.

sipadan island, mount kinabalu is for you, i think.

but sipadan island & other islands near it have been blacklisted by US gov as terrorists MAY be there...

2 local chinese people got caught by terrorist from Philippines.

i'm a west malaysian, from penang. i've just come back from there on december last yr.

• Damon

You would probably want to stay in either Sabah or Sarawak (more information: http://wikitravel.org/en/East_Malaysia).

I think you would need to figure out which location appeals to you most, then find accommodation that suit what you're trying to do.

errr... i dont understand any of them yet i did the hike some 7 years in the past in spite of the shown fact that it purely quite took 2 days and it became into spectacular! i'm hoping you may certainly relish a getaway there ;-)