Borneo Island in Malaysia?

I plan to go to Borneo island for around 5 days. I'd like to explore lots of the tropical rainforests, wildlife and beach. Where is the ideal place to live on the island?

( I really like a lodge in a jungle, or an overwater bunglow, somewhere really near the nature, not in the middle of the city)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • bean
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi! In my post below, you can get ideas of what to do. As I stayed in the city, I don't have specific recommendations for you.

But why not try searching for accommodation up at the Sabah Tea Garden or in Kinabalu Park (if you attempt to reach the top).

• 1 decade ago

it's more exact if you use the term East Malaysia.

sipadan island, mount kinabalu is for you, i think.

but sipadan island & other islands near it have been blacklisted by US gov as terrorists MAY be there...

2 local chinese people got caught by terrorist from Philippines.

i'm a west malaysian, from penang. i've just come back from there on december last yr.

• Damon
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You would probably want to stay in either Sabah or Sarawak (more information: http://wikitravel.org/en/East_Malaysia).

I think you would need to figure out which location appeals to you most, then find accommodation that suit what you're trying to do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

errr... i dont understand any of them yet i did the hike some 7 years in the past in spite of the shown fact that it purely quite took 2 days and it became into spectacular! i'm hoping you may certainly relish a getaway there ;-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.