How do you think Canada did in the Olympics?

Canada got the most gold medals and ranked third in the Olympics. How do you think Canadians could improve on their future medal standings?

Favorite Answer

By IOC standards Canada won the olympics because we got the most gold medals. I think we did really well... we beat the gold medal count for any country in the olympic winter games ever. We also beat are own record for medals in any one winter olympics. Congratulations to all the other countries who competed... you all did a really good job.

• JM

It's great that Canada won hockey gold, but to me, it's not ALL that matters. Like many people, I think it's significant that Canada won 14 gold medals this Olympics -- the most gold medals ever. It's also worth noting that we finally got a gold medal at our own Olympics. Increasing our medal count is the way we can improve for future Olympics and that will require on-going financial support for all our talented athletes. I hope that we can do as well, or better, at the next Olympics, but third place is great considering the population in Canada in relation to the U.S or Germany.

The government is taking out 34 million dollars out of their budget so the athletes could use that money for better equipment, training facilities etc. so they could be trained properly prior to the next Olympics!

I think medal standings really don't phase me as much as they could. I think Canada did absolutely FANTASTIC! Kudos to every country that participated! I think we achieved our goal, a Nation is now brimming with pride after 17 days, Canada came together and cheered on 14 Gold, and 26 medals overall. That's all that really matters. I think it was the people that really made Canada what it was over the 17 days. From the people who sat at their T.v screens 24/7 cheering on the athletes, not only from Canada but for all the other athletes too, to the people who had seats to these events and sat with the names of the athletes in each of their heart beats to the tips of their tongues really to spring up and go wild when their country's athletes had survived the battlefield and to the athletes who trained years and years and never gave up only to come to these events and put everything on the line, put their hearts out on the battlefield and fight for what they truly wanted. Eh O'Canada Go!

• kay

They did amazing. No need to change anything. We broke an Olympic record for most golds. It's incredible. I don't think I'll ever move out of Vancouver for the rest of my life. Every Canadian and the rest of the world witnessed the best Olympics you will probably ever see. Amazing.

Wow thanks to those Americans that gave us Canadians thumbs down. I didn't even talk trash about American so it was completely unnecessary.

Host another one and put Joannie Rochette on every event.

they won gold in hockey and thats all that really matters