Whirlpool Freezer not cold enough?

My Whirlpool freezer ( GS6SHEXMQ00) is not cold enough and food store inside, like ice cream melting. I change the seetings to increase the coldness but no differerence. Has any body got a clue on this problem?

Ho can I clean the condenser coil?

A technician came to house from Whirlpool and immediately decided that the compressor need to be replace. First, he tried with a new starter attahed to Compressor and when it failed to start, it's all bad news to me. Is it worth replacing the compressor. Friddge about 6 years old (25cu ft)

Favorite Answer

Two possible reasons,

If this is a frost free machine it is quite possible that the evaporator is iced up. The cure for this is to defrost it. Pull the plug out and leave the door open for a couple of days. If it works properly after this, you have found the problem though not the cause. There are two probable causes, 1) the door has been left open so the machine has not been allowed to defrost properly 2) the defrost heater, which melts the ice on the evaporator, has failed.

If it is not a frost free machine my guess is that the shelves, which make up the evaporator are not all frosting over. This is a symptom of a lack of gas. you will need professional help.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Whirlpool Freezer not cold enough?

Source(s): whirlpool freezer cold enough: https://shortly.im/Vek0K
  • herko

Freezer Not Cold Enough

• Missy

After you have check the things the others have told you, check for both fans running. Open the freezer door and listen for a fan blowing in the back. Next if you touch the center wall where the door both close and it is cool the fan underneath is ok. If it is not and it is hot the condenser fan underneath is not working. Do you hear a click every few minutes? If so you may need a PTC start device.If you tap the thermostat will it start if so you need a thermostat. Let me know and I will assist you further.

Source(s): 32 years appliance repair