How can you tell if your depression is a disability?

Where can I find out if I fill the requirements to be considered disabled. I am not looking for money or anything. The reason I started looking in to this is because I discovered Psychiatric Service Dogs. I don't want someone to pay me so I don't have to work. I feel that if I were able to qualify for one... show more Where can I find out if I fill the requirements to be considered disabled.
I am not looking for money or anything. The reason I started looking in to this is because I discovered Psychiatric Service Dogs. I don't want someone to pay me so I don't have to work. I feel that if I were able to qualify for one of these dogs that he would be able to help me recover enough to be able to work.
I have fear of social interactions, not when I can't see people, but large groups of people can trigger a panic attack and I have a severe fear of interacting with people, such as interviews, or having to talk to someone on a personal level. The last work interview I had triggered over a week of worsened depression where I was unable to do much more than sit in a dark room shaking in tears.
If things stay the way they are I will be unable to get or maintain a job, make or keep friends, interact with anyone in a meaningful way, or feel like I am worth anything to anyone.
If I had a dog that was trained to help me with my symtoms, who could help calm and sooth me when anxiety strikes, and help me start and feel at ease in social interactions, I would be able to live a better life, feel better about myself, get a job, and have something that could give me support and love when things get bad.
I have a doctors appointment to discuss this, but it's not for a few weeks. Is there anywhere I can get an idea if I would qualify for this? And does anyone know if I would have to accept disability payments?
Update: On meds, seeing a doctor, that's not what I'm asking about
Update 2: And I have been getting treatment for this off and on for many years and like I said I am currently on 2 antidepressants. If anything things are getting worse