Doesn't Tim Tebow's story most sharply illustrate that legally banning abortion will do nothing to stop it?

Disclaimer: I am Christian, and I am proLife. No need to preach to the choir, just answer the question. The story in a nutshell (though I'm sure you all know it by now): Pam Tebow was serving as a missionary when she became pregnant, and had some medical complications. Her doctors advised her to abort the... show more Disclaimer: I am Christian, and I am proLife. No need to preach to the choir, just answer the question.

The story in a nutshell (though I'm sure you all know it by now): Pam Tebow was serving as a missionary when she became pregnant, and had some medical complications. Her doctors advised her to abort the baby, but she refused, gave birth, and the baby turned into Tim Tebow. Hurray.

But.

Abortion has been illegal in the Philippines since 1930. There is not even a provision in the law for when the mother's life is at risk. Nevertheless, there are hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in the Philippines each year, and thousands of women die because of unsafe illegal abortions.

Clearly, criminalizing abortion in the Philippines has not stopped it at all, and Pam Tebow's story highlights that quite clearly. Doesn't her story show how Conservative policies, to cut funding for social programs which can treat the causes for why so many women seek abortions yet ban women from seeking safe abortions only create more problems?
Update: You can't dodge some lessons and implications of a story to just focus on the one you like. The story is about life, AND it is about abortion in a country where it is criminalized. That cannot be escaped or ignored.