Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 10 years ago

Two 6.0cm-diameter metal disks are separated by a 0.19mm-thick piece of paper?

Two 6.0cm-diameter metal disks are separated by a 0.19mm-thick piece of paper. (Dielectric constant for paper is k=3.7, its dielectric strength is 16 x 10^6 V/m

1)What is the capacitance?

2)What is the maximum potential difference between the disks?

Best Answer

C= capacitance

k=dielectric constant

A=area

e=epsilon naught, the permittivity constant (8.85x10^-12)C^2/Nm^2

d=distance between the metal disks

E=dielectric strength

1) The formula for the capacitance of a dielectric-filled capacitor is

C=kAe/d

C=3.7*pi*(.03m)^2*8.85*10^-12C^2/Nm^2/(0.19*10^-3m)

C=4.87*10^-10 Farads

2) To find the maximum potential difference, use the equation V=E*d

V=16*10^6(V/m)*0.19*10^-3(m)=3040V

I pretty much agree that they're both going to shoot themselves in the foot with their constant sniping at each other. When will these politicians get it through their thick skulls that we, the people, don't want to hear their trash talk. I get all the drama (and done much better) I need off of soaps, thank you. They all need to stick to what they're gonna do if they're given the chance. I haven't heard, from any of the candidates, exactly how they're gonna get done all the things they're bragging about. They all say they have a plan. They say pretty phrases like, "We need better health care", and "We need more jobs". DUH!!! How they gonna do it, folks? They don't have a clue. They have to suck up to thousands of people in order to get elected, promising them a bucket load of support for their pet projects first. And even if they get elected, they have to deal with a moronic congress and senate that don't give diddley squat for those promises, and vote down any good that might be done. Or attach a stink-load of pork to it, so that it goes down in a flaming pile of horse puckey. Yeah, I've been around the corner a few times. Seen a lot of water go under the bridge, and dreams along with it. Unfortunately, I think the one guy that might have done some good is no longer running. And then we've got Ralphie-boy, once again, putting his two cents into the ring, with no hope of getting anything, other than sucking a few votes away from the other candidates. I guess ya gotta give him credit for at least making sure Mickey Mouse's name doesn't appear in the write-in space. Hey, thanks for letting me vent. It's been real. Have a great day. <*)))><