What is the role of AcH in muscle movement?

Favorite Answer

Yeah. ACh is release by the motor neuron to stimulate contraction of skeletal muscle. Like what was previously said it opens a non-specific cation channel which allows sodium in and potassium out. More sodium come in than potassium goes out because the driving force for sodium entry is greater. This leads to depolarization, the opening of voltage gated sodium channels, the opening of L-type calcium channels, the opening of sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium channels and so on.

Acetylcholine acts as a neurotransmitter. As it binds to ACh receptors, it opens gated sodium channels. Entrance of sodium ions into a cell initiates skeletal muscle contraction.

Does ACh only allows for sodium ions and potassium ions to come inside of the cell membrane?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avW87

EASY TENDON CONNECT THE MUSCLES TO THE BONE. The ligaments connect bone to the bone , I know you can move well without them. I tore a ligament in my knee and pulled a ligament. It took me 2 years the move as i did before I did it. Talk about pain , Oh what pain i had.