What is the role of AcH in muscle movement?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah. ACh is release by the motor neuron to stimulate contraction of skeletal muscle. Like what was previously said it opens a non-specific cation channel which allows sodium in and potassium out. More sodium come in than potassium goes out because the driving force for sodium entry is greater. This leads to depolarization, the opening of voltage gated sodium channels, the opening of L-type calcium channels, the opening of sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium channels and so on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Acetylcholine acts as a neurotransmitter. As it binds to ACh receptors, it opens gated sodium channels. Entrance of sodium ions into a cell initiates skeletal muscle contraction.

• 5 years ago

Does ACh only allows for sodium ions and potassium ions to come inside of the cell membrane?

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avW87

EASY TENDON CONNECT THE MUSCLES TO THE BONE. The ligaments connect bone to the bone , I know you can move well without them. I tore a ligament in my knee and pulled a ligament. It took me 2 years the move as i did before I did it. Talk about pain , Oh what pain i had.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.