is israel finished as a concept now that it is friendless in the world.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually Israel is far from "aggressive" unless you merely meant "they're really tough fighters" because almost everything they do is in response to attacks from the Israel-hating neighbors that surround them. You probably don't know that, since our press, the British press, and almost all of Europe report only Israeli actions. Thus, bombing a neighborhood is reported as if it had come out of the blue, for no reason, and as if the Israelis had been targeting those helpless and innocent women and children photographed by the side of the road, wailing and crying over the dead five-year-olds in their arms.

The back story is always, "They bombed the neighborhood that was harboring militants that have been lobbing rockets into Xyz residential neighborhood in Israel for two months, killing eighteen civilians and destroying dozens of houses." And the dead five year olds in the arms of their mothers are as often as not dead kids the locals dragged out of storage to put on display and to make a nice anti-Israeli photo op for our press. But you never see this "rest of the story" in our papers, nor is the BBC wont to admit to anything that shows the Palestinians unfavorably.

And you're right when you say any effort from the Israelis to make friends with the Palestinians are doomed to failure. They've been trying since as long as I can remember. They offer concessions and they give territory and they try and they try, only to be greeted with a steady and increasing stream of hate, because the losers leading the anti-Israel movement(s) over there would dry up and blow away if they didn't have an Israel to hate and to make other people hate.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I must agree with druster here. Israel has taught itself to be aggressive. It is surrounded by enemies on all fronts of its borders. Their people have a high sense of dignity and pride, not to mention their technological advancement matches out own. They are a small state, but the way from the way they fight, it would be safe to incur that even the United States would lose many lives taking down Israel. Israel is also another democratic state and Israel has always been pro-American which is why the United States strives to protect it so much. They even went as far as to offer to infiltrate Iran and rescue American hostages during the Iran Hostage crisis, however we turned the offer down. You can't blame them, they do what they need to do to survive, and they can't let anyone hold them back from advancing. Part of me already believes that making friendships with Palestinians will always be impossible.

• 1 decade ago

not really, as the people before me show, but i wish that jews and muslims could live together in the same place. the land of israel is important for both religions, and to fight over it takes the dignity out of a place that should be the holy center of the world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i live in the middle east and i visit the golan heights every year, beleive me israel is far from finished, ur dealing with a leading nation in technology , the 5th strongest army and a smart population...israel's enemies are weak, barely feeding themselves and defnitly low on moral....btw this is a syrian speaking...so its not self-compliments, its reality in the eye of the "enemy"..

um well dorothy is pretty wrong, back in the 40s israeli militant groups forced palestinians out of their land, if thats not aggressive what is?....rockets just dont come out of the blue, they come at the very same occupied places they were kicked out off...and now hamas doesnt try to target innocent citizens but the crudeness of their weapons gives them no alternative....i still find it strange how with state of the art weapons with targeting effects, israel still manages to rack up larger collateral damages, while spontaneous launching from the gaza strip kills like what ??3 people?

• 1 decade ago

ignore Dorothy - she's an idiot.

You can't just "pull some dead bodies out of storage".

People ROT. They DECAY. Even with relatively good refrigeration they will go bad pretty quick, and you can tell someone who's been on ice as they're blue, stiff, and COMPLETELY UNLIKE THE DEAD CHILDREN YOU SEE.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.