would you make your first car electric?

if you do , give the main idea (why) and 3 supporting reasons with 3 supporting details, I´ll be thankful if you answer my question is for a project , thanks

worth 5 stars

Favorite Answer

I would make my first car electric because I believe in doing what I can to help our environment. There would be, however, provisions in doing so:

1. The cost would have to be comparable to that of an internal combustion engine.

2. The reliability would have to be as good or better.

3. The performance would have to be acceptable.

4. The vehicle would have to be safe both to drive and in a crash.

Three reasons that I would buy an electric vehicle would be:

1. More energy efficient.

2. More environmentally friendly.

3. Pride of ownership. (coolness factor)

Supporting details may be found here:

Peace and love.

It helps anytime that you do something that is not popular to believe in what you are about. If you don't have such conviction then taking the lonely path is almost impossible. There are probably just a few reasons why someone would pursue an electric vehicle in the present environment:

1. Just like gadgets and wouldn't think twice about being an early adopter, a "maverick"

2. Are concerned about pollution enough to want to pursue the cleanest possible vehicle

3. More concerned about operating expenses (corporate buyers, the wealthy ?)

4. Don't like the idea of supporting petroleum powered vehicles, foreign oil, trade deficits, foreign wars for oil.

and you are less concerned about initial expenses. You would also probably know that a Tesla Roadster has traveled 313 miles on a single charge1 and you are not about to wine about no place to plug it in. Either you have locations for charging or you are considering the purchase or rental of a genset trailer (2) for longer trips effectively making you vehicle even more efficient as a sometimes series plug in hybrid.3

But if you don't fit any of these qualifications you not only may not buy an electric vehicle as your first car, you probably would not buy one at all.

No, I wouldn't. Electrical cars can't yet compete with internal combustion cars in terms of range and cost. Electric cars are much more expensive--often 3-4 times as much money as a gas car. The range is about 1/3 that of a gasoline car--electric cars are rarely able to pass 100 miles on a charge vs. 300+ for gas cars. The recharging time is usually 8 hours or longer, compared to less than 5 minutes for filling a gas tank. This makes electric cars lousy for long-distance trips.

• Simi

yea, if I was from outer space