POLL: Your opinion in regards to the Confederate flag?

•  
    Favorite Answer

Well the Confederate flag is the Confederate flag ... it represents an attempted country in a region of the United States that tried to leave the union in the name of preserving their slave economy. Not much to be proud of in regards to that. Of course, the rednecks and southern bible belt fundamentalists love to say things like "oh it doesn't represent slavery! It represents states rights! And limited government! And southern values!" ... yeah, that b/s doesn't work with us northerners.

It represents one thing and one thing only, the failed attempt of the southern states to leave the union because they were pissed off that Washington told them to quit treating black people like dirt.

They're perfectly free to put it all over the south as much as they want. But the rest of us have moved on into the 21st century. They're free to join us whenever they like.

Since it has also been used as a symbol of the fools that practice a certain kind of hatred !! It has no importance to me at all !! JUST LIKE THE cross that many seem to hold as so0`,called holy means nothing what so ever to me !!... In fact I question if it truly even was some cross that Our LORD died on !! Rather I think it may've been been more like what was used to burn those that had been called witches !! Which was : THE TOTURE STAKE !! read up on it !! _&_ Stop putting so0O,`called faith in some cross!! In`fact have'nt you ever heard something about how we are'nt supposed to take up idol or symbolic things to use in our wordhip !!"?"!! "For it's not pure worship then" !!!. <wake up>~!!! r'`R`'r;a;wWwrRr

a country that never was. It's imaginary fairy land now. Should any one fly it? no problem. Should it be on any State capitol building, sure, just fly the red sickle and hammer next to it

every one needs to do some research on it. it doesn't support slavery it supports the southern states from the civil war that just happend to support slavery

Source(s): i used the internet

I like it. Dont have a problem with it.