Writing the parents on a wedding program?

I'm confused and now since i have realized "I'm getting married" i'm starting to have a million questions. anyways I do not speak to my father but had a wonderful step father who has passed away. would i write under parents of the bride, just my mother or would i put my mother and step dad. right now i have it as

mother of the bride

my moms name

parents of the groom

FH mother

FH dad

what would be the proper way to do this?

• Kelly
    Favorite Answer

If you consider your stepfather to be your father, then you should include his name.

Parents of the bride:

Jane Smith and the late John Smith

Parents of the groom:

Jill and Jack Jones

I'm doing it this way (my dad is deceased):

Parents of the bride:

Jan Smith and the late Jerry Smith

Parents of the groom:

Debbie Jones

Steve Jones

Since my dad is deceased and my FH's parents are divorced I'm putting the mothers names first.

You don't have to have a cookie cutter program to everyone else's. The program is different then the invitation, there are a lot of rules/ettiquette on a invitation in regards of a deceased parent, but its not the same ettiquette for the program. If you have no relationship with your dad, its okay to leave his name off, but if you had a father/daughter relationship with stepdad and consider him to be your dad, I see no reason why you "have" to leave his name off just because he's deceased.

I also found a way to incorporate my dad's name on the invitation too. I did the "daughter of" and "son of" wording since I wanted my dad's name on it.

• ?

nicely if he's the 2d guy or woman with that call write Mr. John Smith II, or if he's the third write Mr. John Smith III i've got seen it accomplished that way till now and then your mom would not might desire to be a Mrs. Jane Smith Jr. in the event that they have distinctive final names make it Mrs. Jane Doe and Mr. John Smith III

Since your step father is deceased and you have nothing to do with your father then how you have it written is proper.