Jiloca Family History?

I've been doing a research on the history of the Jiloca Family. Based on available information in the internet, the name "Jiloca" originated in a province in Spain. It is somewhat related to a valley, river, etc. in Zarragoza, Spain. In 2001, I came across a person in the internet with the name... show more I've been doing a research on the history of the Jiloca Family. Based on available information in the internet, the name "Jiloca" originated in a province in Spain. It is somewhat related to a valley, river, etc. in Zarragoza, Spain. In 2001, I came across a person in the internet with the name "Jiloca" in Madrid, Spain. I sent him an e-mail but never got a reply. It could be because my mail was in English and he could hardly understand it. Now I'm trying to search for the same person in the internet but could not find it anymore. Based on "word of mouth" information when I was based in Iloilo City, Philippines, the Jiloca family started in the Philippines this way: A guardia civil named "Jiloca" was once assigned in a pueblo in Cabatuan, Iloilo during the late 1700's of the Spanish colonial period in the Philippines. The said guardia civil was then designated as Pueblo Mayor and married a local. Though this information could not be verified with documents (as of now) but at least this is a good start in tracing the roots of the Jiloca family. I hope there are still Jilocas in Spain who could help me out on this. Gracias!
1 answer 1