Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

Should I get a Keeshond or an Alaskan malamute?

¨My grammar is not so great. :-P

Now, I'm thinking of getting a dog and these two seem to fit me the most.

But which one should I get?

I live in Ontario; we get the heat and the cold

I'll be there to give the dog as much playtime attention it needs since I work at home

I will be able to give it 1-3 hours of washroom/workout a day

I do not care about the shedding and the size is not what I'm worried about.

Both of their aesthetics are visually appealing.

I'm just stuck between the two and I would like to get an opinion of which one I should get.

Thank you.

Best Answer

It sounds like you have time for an Alaskan Malamute, but they are never a good choice for an inexperienced dog owner. Although they are very intelligent, they also have a mind of their own, and can be difficult. They require a great deal of exercise and are hard to keep contained in a yard. I have an Alaskan Malamute and it has been a very trying experience. I knew what I was getting into, but thought as an experienced dog person (with large and small dogs) I would be fine. Unfortunately, I was wrong. She is now 9 years old and I will never own another Alaskan Malamute again. She is a very loving dog and is good with my Yorkies and grandchildren though. She seems to be minding more now that we are letting her indoors with us for the majority of the time. Sorry, don't know anything about Keeshonds.

P.S. To the above answerers: I don't give thumbs down to opinions of other people.

I would say Alaskan Malamute :) I have a family friend that shows and breeds Alaskan Malamutes and they are great dogs.

Source(s): Dog expert
  • Alaskan malamutes- theyre cooler!!! ;D

thats just my opinion.....

alaskan malamute!!!

keeshound