should the pope be charged and serve time in jail?

anyone else think that the Pope should be under investigation, the Catholic Church needs to take responsibility for the injustices done to the children in their care, I think any one that conceals information about a child molester should be charged with child endangerment among many other things, when are they going to take action and cut this crap out

I am not only againced Catholic child molesters, this includes the prodostants too as well as any other religion abusing its power for their own pleasures, and yes I would move heaven and earth for my child, I would never allow my son to be in a church alone, but to blame the parents Mariysa shame on you! I think ALL religious organizations should be monitored by neutral parties, and watched for this as well as tax evasion, and I think that if you are caught messing with kids strip the clergy of their position and they are not allowed to work in the church any where, doctors loss licences, as well as lawyers why not religious officials

Favorite Answer

Yes if he was party to the crimes or helped cover them up in any way he should serve time. When will people learn that that the pope is no holier than you or i but a flawed man prone to sin as all are. He's not Jesus.

for what he didnt do anything the shmuck did it in the 50's and early 60's it was turned over to the police and they found no evidence none of the so called 200 deaf victims came foward and they droped the case. the shmuck was then removed from the parish and put in a rectory. Benidicts office was notified by his bishop in 1996 years after the alledged crimes..... He did not even know the letter was written and one of his Bishops handled the case.. the clown was sick and on his death bed and repented of his sin then kicked the bucket.. Please the Pope put in Jail for what your personal enjoyment

why dont you put the protestant preachers in jail that continue to hide their crimes

take a look it puts the catholics to shame

http://www.reformation.com/CSA/allabuse.html

tried for what? the case was DROPPED by the cops, his office was probably told about it decades later and back IN THE FIFTIES IT WASN'T MOLESTATION GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND GET INTO REALITY -- YOU CAN'T CONVICT SOMEONE FROM A CASE IN 1950 BASED UPON THE LAWS OF 2010.... IDIOTS, GET A BRAIN. there weren't even age of consent laws let along ages in most countries and states. my gosh NAMBLA was in operation until 1994!

the catholic church DID WHAT WAS RECOMMENDED BACK IN THAT TIME - they got the abuser out of there and into therapy and offered it to the kids.

WHERE THE FRICK WERE THE PARENTS????? YOU AREN'T TELLING ME YOU WOULD MOVE HEAVEN AND EARTH IF THAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CHILD.... TODAY. WELL GUESS WHAT THIS WAS YOUR GRANDPARENTS AND YESTERDAY....

OH AND HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THOSE 200 "BOYS" AND HOW NUMEROUS ARE RECANTING THEIR STORIES WHLIE OTHERS ARE SPOUTING SOME REAL PROTESTANT TEACHINGS.... YEAH, WRONG CHURCH KIDS!

• TenJac

The Holy Spirit said those who commit sin and those who support those who commit sin are judged by God and worthy of death (spiritual death). Rom 1:32

Child molesters should face the government and receive due punishment, no matter who it is!!!

The government has the authority from God to punish evil doers. (Rom 12:1-2)

• Absolutely.

Pope Benedict XVI is in the same league as Charles Taylor, Saddam Hussein, and Slobodan Milošević.

I can't wait for him to do a brisk perp walk in that orange jumpsuit.

There's a beautiful prison in The Hague, not at all far from The Vatican. It would be an excellent relocation for His Majesty.

Source(s): Atheist

While it is extremely possible the Pope did know about it, we do not know that for sure. If it can be proved, he should be deposed.

• Hayley

>>anyone else think that the Pope should be under investigation<<

If you have information on the pope breaking any criminal laws, call the police.

I think the Pope should be the voice of Christianity being that he practices Idolatry, and misleads people into thinking that the Virgin Mary is the mother of God....this should be an INSULT to all monotheist. He should be put to death

You do know that Heads of State can't be tried under foreign laws in the way you are thinking, right?

Many say he was involved in the murder of Pope John Paul I