I am a female looking to buy my first motorcycle, what do you think about a Honda VFR 750?

Best Answer

They have weak valve trains & are expensive to fix.

A 750 definately is not a good starter bike. Unless you have prior experience with motorcycles, you shouldn't go bigger than a 500. The Ninja 250R is a great bike, with more than enough power for anything you should be doing as a beginner.

Source(s): Personal Experience

Will also suggest a Ninja 500, its commonly labeled as a girly bike but its for a reason. Smaller and lighter to manage. Also is cheaper. Yes you will probably, outgrow it in a year or two but its definitevily a great bike to start. You will easily able to find a cheap used one and sale it later. Very popular bike for starters.

The 250 its too small. Keep in mind that any bike you buy you can always lower it. I will stick with the 600 or below.

Source(s): female rider for 5+ years.

Bad idea. Too much bike for a rookie. See my answer to the fellow asking about the CBR600 as his starter bike. Same, same.

Take an MSF course (aka Gearing Up, if you're in Canada) and consider something MUCH smaller, like a 250, or 500 Ninja, or even a GS500F. No higher.

Source(s): 25+ years riding experience/5 years instructing experience
  • I agree, a 750 is a lot of bike to start with. Whatever you choose, you also have to make sure you can pick it up when you spill it (that's not an "if," by the way). Have you already ridden much? Taken a safety course, etc? They can help you. Even small bikes are still very quick.

I'm also a woman that recently purchased my first sport bike and I got a Ninja 500. I find it very easy to handle and steer, it is also very responsive. It stands 30.5" at the seat so it's perfect for women and it's also not too heavy. I would highly recommend it to you to start on.

Source(s): Personal experience.

No, I would say something more like a Moto Guzzi Griso. Stand out with reliability and style.

Source(s): 15 years riding
  • howson

the whole CB line grew to become into super, yet after 30 years i might in my view be hesitant to purchase into regardless of gremlins could be lurking interior. once you're a bike kit-head, nevertheless, it may desire to be a brilliant undertaking bike.

hi there, the honda cbr 600f is a good bet. ive had 3 of them, they are wicked bikes. vary agile and nippy too. hope this helps..regards steve..

Source(s): in the trade

If you don't have a lot of experience riding bikes, that seems like a big one to start off with.