Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

As a woman, any foods I can eat to increase my libido?

As a woman, any foods I can eat to increase my libido?

I am going to try that route before resorting to meds...

Any of you ladies taking meds that actually work, and not some testimonial you've read?

Update:

fermented barley? Where in the world does one get fermented barley???

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

* Red Raspberry Leaf not Red Raspberry (either in tea form or capsule form works well for increasing libido and helps tone your uterus and makes your periods feel less painful by decreasing cramping)

* Evening Primrose Oil (capsule form- increases your hormones naturally and makes your periods less painful by decreasing cramping)

** Spirulina ( Liquid juice form or capsule form )

- Fish Oil (capsule form- increases your hormones naturally)

- Flaxseed Oil (capsule form- increases your hormones naturally)

- Acai Berry (Juice or capsule form)

* Ginseng ( known to make men and womens libido increase )

- Fenugreek (tea or capsule form- be careful to not take it too much as it can cause 2 periods in one month)

- Oysters ( said to be a natural aphrodisiac )

- Dark Chocolate ( said to be a natural aphrodisiac)

- Chaste Tree Berry (tablet form- works to naturally restore balance to hormones that may have been out of balance)

* Get plenty of Exercise and Rest as this will naturally help increase your libido as well

Taking a few of these should help. Spirulina, Evening Primrose Oil, Ginseng and Red Raspberry definitely work the best in my opinion. Most of these supplements and foods you can get from your local grocery store, just look in the health food and vitamin department of your local grocery store. You can also find these supplements and foods in your local health food store. Krogers, Publix, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Farmer Jack, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc.

Source(s): Experience with Alternative Health
  • 5 years ago

Source(s): Natural Penis Enlargement Guide : http://biggerpenis.raiwi.com/?YdDq
  • 1 decade ago

If you want to increase your apetite for sex, use your head.

Seriously - your brain is the biggest sexual organ in your entire bod. You have to get your head into it before anything else will happen, so ... think about sex. Think about orgasms. Think about how wonderful it feels to have a man's weight on top of you, or his body under you, or behind you, or inside of you. Think about the times in your past when someone really did it for you so good that you needed to be taken down from the ceiling. Think about how amazing it feels to have a warm mouth on your [pick a body part.] Imagine things you've always wanted to try but haven't yet, and how good that will be. Put on something really hot and sexy beneath your business clothes, and wear it to work. Or, why not wear it under your jeans, just because you can. Go to a bar and flirt with a guy that's totally not your type.

Barring any physical issue that needs to be addressed (menopause, gynecological problems that may affect sex drive), your sex drive totally within your control. You don't need a pill or to eat oysters or chocolate to increase your need ... you just need to get yourself in the mood by thinking about it more. Why do you think (most) men are (usually) horny all the time? Because they think about it all the time!

However, on the subject of food, eating IS a sensual experience. While there are foods that are reputed to increase your sex drive, whatever makes you feel good will give you the same effect. If chocolate makes you feel good, then have some. Steak? Go for it. Mac n cheese? Why the hell not? Whatever works !! Again ... the brain is your biggest sex organ. Feed it !!

:D Have a happy !!

• 1 decade ago

You mean, an "aphrodisiac"?

Apparently, everything and anything can be uses as an aphrodisiac, depending on which traditional folk medicine system you ascribe to. Carrots, or bananas, or zucchinis might be a start, those look like phalluses, don't they?

Alcohol always works too, lol.

Seriously though, I think the only thing that has been conclusively shown to improve libido, is simply eating healthy diet in general- without a lot of pre-processed, packaged foods.

Exercise also does wonders, because it relieves stress which is a huge passion-killer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I actually heard chocolate does, but I'm not sure how entirely true that is. But it releases endorphins so if nothing else it will put you in a "better" mood, which may help with your libido.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Follow the 80/20 rule, which means eating clean 80 percent of the time and indulging a little 20 percent of that time period.

• 1 decade ago

Salty and acidic foods.

But both of these can be easily overdone.

Too much salt can produce leg cramping. And too much acid (raw fruits and fruit juices can create bad dreams)

Also black soy beans because they help estrogen levels.

Besides foods there are exercises.

Have U read books or watched movies on this subject yet?

• 5 years ago

Go walking daily 40 min's each morning

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Don't just stay there! Do squats while brushing your teeth, calf raises whilst standing in line, or lunges while chatting around the phone.

• 5 years ago

Take time once a week to plan out and search for meals and snacks so you happen to be prepared whenever hunger strikes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.