As a salaried manager i work 102 hour every 2 weeks but my paycheck only says 80 hours?

i work in the state of Maryland. As a salaried manager I work 102 hours every two weeks but when i get my check it only says 80 hours. If i take a day off they minus my 8 hours from the 80 and not the 102 and only pay me for 72 hours. I contacted dept of labor and they said it was illegal. Has anyone else experienced that?

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Look at your contract!

    Most of the enquiries that depts of labour have are from waged employees, who get paid by the hour, and hence such an underpayment would be illegal.

    However, you are a salaried manager. On salary, you are not likely to be paid overtime - your salary supposedly covers what overtime you are likely to need.

    That said, 10+ hours of extra time per week means either you are understaffed or that you are incompetent at the job. If you're questioning what's on your contract by going to the dept of labour, maybe it's the latter.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    As a salaried employee you should receive annual/sick leave benefits that would entitle you to be able to take time off from work and still receive the same salary as long as you don't use more than the time you have accrued. Your benefits package should include information about the personal days your company offers. Typically, when you work more than 40 hours per week as a salaried employee you would be eligible to receive compensatory time for the additional hours. Your HR department should be able to answer any questions or resolve any discrepancies you have with your check.

  • 1 decade ago

    federal law state's that you can't work for less than the minimum wage per hour and as salaried you should get your full check

  • 1 decade ago

    do you have a 22 hour contract & the rest is over time?

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • tro
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    if your dept of labor said it is illegal you need to present this to your employer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.