How do you get Xbox games to play in an Xbox 360!?

I bought an Xbox and just am wondering how to get an xbox game to work on it...any help apreciated thanks!

I have an arcade...so I can't play any normal xbox games on it?

Favorite Answer

First, your 360 must have a hard drive to play old Xbox games. You cannot use a memory card. I saw someone said it does not work with the arcade console - this is not true. You just need to buy a hard drive. That's what I did - bought a refurbished 20gb drive and a month (or two) of Xbox Live Gold for $20 from Microsoft.

Second, there are some Xbox games that are not compatible with the 360, but the multiple updates make more games compatible. If you have a high speed internet connection, sign up for a free silver membership and let the 360 download and install updates (it will pop up automatically when there is an update available).

If you have a hard drive, have the updates, and still can't play a certain Xbox game, then it is not compatible at this time.

Source(s): 360 owner

You put the game in the disc drive, Unless you have an X box 360 arcade then you cannot play Regular X-box Games! But otherwise if you just put the Game in it should work just like any other game.

Well, you could try getting an internet connection on your x-box if you haven't already and update to the latest version. Some games just don't work for some reason. Also you can try not looking like a f.a.g . Seriously, what's with that hair? Is it cool or something? You look like you have special needs

If it's on the list of compatible games then all you need to do is put in the Xbox360 and play.

Make sure its plugged in, press power, insert disc. voila!

Source(s): Works everytime.