How do you get Xbox games to play in an Xbox 360!?

I bought an Xbox and just am wondering how to get an xbox game to work on it...any help apreciated thanks!

Update:

I have an arcade...so I can't play any normal xbox games on it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First, your 360 must have a hard drive to play old Xbox games. You cannot use a memory card. I saw someone said it does not work with the arcade console - this is not true. You just need to buy a hard drive. That's what I did - bought a refurbished 20gb drive and a month (or two) of Xbox Live Gold for $20 from Microsoft.

Second, there are some Xbox games that are not compatible with the 360, but the multiple updates make more games compatible. If you have a high speed internet connection, sign up for a free silver membership and let the 360 download and install updates (it will pop up automatically when there is an update available).

If you have a hard drive, have the updates, and still can't play a certain Xbox game, then it is not compatible at this time.

Source(s): 360 owner
  • 1 decade ago

You put the game in the disc drive, Unless you have an X box 360 arcade then you cannot play Regular X-box Games! But otherwise if you just put the Game in it should work just like any other game.

• 1 decade ago

Well, you could try getting an internet connection on your x-box if you haven't already and update to the latest version. Some games just don't work for some reason. Also you can try not looking like a f.a.g . Seriously, what's with that hair? Is it cool or something? You look like you have special needs

• 1 decade ago

If it's on the list of compatible games then all you need to do is put in the Xbox360 and play.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Make sure its plugged in, press power, insert disc. voila!

Source(s): Works everytime.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.