Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is it a sin to ask someone to kill you?

Let say i'm dying and i can't suicide since i'm a catholic and i ask the person to kill me is that a sin for me? Assist suicide whatever you call it. (again is it a sin?) people tend to forget the topic question.

i'm not but i saw a show that said something about this and i'm wondering if that counts?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't you think it is sinful to lay that kind of responsibility on someone who would have to live with that deed the rest of their life and potentially stand the chance of going to prison? It is especially selfish if the person you ask really cares about you and is saddened by your despair. That might make them weak enough to do it. I think you are expecting God to let you off the hook on a loophole, but remember that God can see right through you, so your Catholic soul would be in big trouble. I hope you are just curious and not really in despair. Please, please look for assistance in other ways if your question really pertains to you.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While you are taught as a Catholic not to commit suicide, end-of-life issues are less clear cut and if you care what the Church teaches, you should not presume that you may not have some choice in the manner of your death.

If you have been diagnosed with MS or are starting to show symptoms of AIDS, you may not kill yourself by taking a lethal dose of pain killers.

You need not require your family to take extraordinary medical steps to continue your life if you are expected to die. You may ask for relief from pain by medications that might stop your heart.

Part V is a very reliable (conservative) guide to end-of-life issues. A discussion with people or clergy close to you can use this as a starting place.

From the second reference:

"For some, kidney dialysis is a grave burden, therefore not

morally obligatory; for others, dialysis is not a grave burden, therefore ordinary means,

therefore morally obligatory. Only the person who must undergo the treatment can say

whether it is a grave burden."

• 1 decade ago

I would think it would be even worse. Not only are you trying to have yourself killed you are asking someone else to commit a sin to make it happen. No bueno.

• 1 decade ago

Yes it is a sin, because even though you dont do it with your hands , you doing it with your heart

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hey, you must think god is stupid. Remember, according to your scriptures, he is omnipotent - of course it would be a sin, because he knows you are asking for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.