Can this Laptop run HD Runescape without lag?

I am looking into getting another laptop but not sure if this one would be able to play RS in High Detail without lagging?.

HP Pavilion dv6-2177ca 15.6" Notebook

Features:

Intel® Core™ i7-720QM processor with 1.60GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.8GHz

4GB DDR3 system memory; Expandable to 8GB

500GB (7200RPM) SATA hard drive

15.6" Diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366x768)

LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Nvidia GeForce GT 230M with up to 2815MB total graphics memory with 1GB dedicated

Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound

Connectivity: Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN, Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN, Bluetooth

5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for SD, MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro or xD

HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone

101-key full-size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad

Ports: 4 x USB 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA, 2 x Headphone out, microphone-in, HDMI, VGA (15-pin), eSATA + USB 2.0, RJ-45, notebook expansion port 3, IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin), Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Software included: Symantec Norton Internet Security 2010 (60-day Trial), HP Support Assistant, HP PC Recovery, HP Advisor, HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office 2007 Home & Student (60-day Trial), Microsoft Silverlight, HP MediaSmart, Cyberlink DVD Suite, HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent

Includes HP Mobile Remote Control

6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Finish: HP Imprint with the espresso design in high-gloss black

1.33"/1.61"(H) x 14.9"(L) x 10.15"(D)

6.34 lbs

1-year limited warranty.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes, your specs are better than mine and the game doesn't lag on my laptop. my processor speed is 2.53 GHz but yours is what, 2.8 GHz? that is fast. it shouldn't lag. if it does, then you probably got something running in the background taking up lots of RAM (random access memory)

Source(s): me, my laptop, the internet
  • 4 years ago

Yeah it will, I mean the those specs are pretty good. The 4gigs of ram will help as well as that Ati radeon graphics card. Although if you have a crappy internet connection then it wont matter what computer you buy it will still lag.

• 1 decade ago

Easily, But it may lag in area's such as Lumbridge and Areas with TONS of people, you really cant fix that as it's a limitation in the game.

As i said Easily able to run it, and can play some FPS games (Medium settings)

Source(s): Google
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. Only a super crappy computer can't run runescape HD. Basically anything remotely new other than a netbook.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It should run fine. Check for any running programes in the background that could clash with the HD.

Good luck.

Source(s): I am my own source.
  • 1 decade ago

i think it should in not a computer expert but i do play runescape on HD

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It should work.

Source(s): Computers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have a laptop and it doesn't lag with me so you should be Ok

Source(s): I played Rs on a laptop before, on HD
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.