Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 years ago

How can I make steamed vegetable taste better that won't make me gain a lot of weight?

No cheese

The vegetables are broccoil, cauliflour, and carrot

• Amy P
    Favorite Answer

I steam my veg gently in a dry frying pan with a lid. Just wash the veg and then chuck it into the pan wet, this will be enough water to steam them.

To make things more interesting try adding some herbs, rosemary, thyme and even mint to add a subtle herby flavour and maybe add a dash of lemon juice before serving. Alternatively I often add cumin to the pan, this works especially well with broccoli. I expect garam masala would go well with cauliflower and carrots are nice with sweet flavours so maybe try cinnamon? Keeps things interesting by experimenting with different flavours.

Dry rubs and spices are good for you! Just watch your sodium intake. Also, using fat free dressings can be a good addition. Personally on my diet, I have to watch fat & calories. . so I can have the fat free ranch, seasoning salt,etc. Have you tried grilling your veggies? The char flavor from the grill is tasty as well. . I use that nonfat nostick spray thing, and then toss in some spices. .

After steaming them,quickly toss in pan and add a little light stock.

A pat of smart balance spread and seasoned salt.

• JubJub

Soy sauce

Garlic

salt pepper, lemon. maybe some low fat butter

add spices to them