Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 1 decade ago

When does the show I Love Lucy start in Color?

I could have sworn that I Love Lucy is eventualy in color.

I know all the seasons have been released and I'd like to know at what point they are in color.

If you don't know the answer, please don't answer the question lol. I would like to know which SEASONS, not YEARS...Thank you :)

Favorite Answer

I love Lucy was never broadcast in color.. what you are thinking of is We Love Lucy.. it was actually The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, it came on after I love Lucy ended.. it was a variety show, similar to The Carol Burnett Show, lots of skits and a different actor guest starring with lucy and Desi each week.. sometimes Vivian Vance and William Frawley were the guests and they 'd always do the Ricardos and the Mertzes, picking up where I love Lucy left off and those were in Color... after The Lucy -Desi Comedy Hour was cancelled, they took those Ricardo and Mertz episodes and re-packaged them and showed them on TV much decades later under the new name We Love Lucy....

there was also The Lucy Show, which for some of early seasons also had Vivian Vance in them.. some people confuse those shows with I Love Lucy also, but they were Lucy Carmichael and Vivian Bagley on that show, also in color..

but I do think what you are thinking of is We Love Lucy...

1964 Broadcast on CBS

i think late 50s early 60s..close enuf.