How can you do this on Microsoft Access?

i need to put words instead of the A B and C cells.

Is it possible to do this? And if so, how?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Idea #1

    To name a cell or range of cells, highlight the cell/s and click in the Name box... (Left hand side of the formula bar.) Type a unique name for your cell/s and press enter. Remember no spaces, You can also access this from the Menu command Insert>Name>Define.

    Idea #2

    The appearance of any new Excel files or any new worksheets that are inserted into a file are controlled by two template files, Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt.

    By opening, modifying and saving these templates you can change the default settings for all new files and/or all newly inserted sheets.

    Use Book.xlt to make change to defaults for new workbooks; and Sheet.xlt to change defaults for sheets.

    You can do this simply by creating a new workbook with the setting you want to use as your defaults; then saving them with the appropriate name in the XLStart folder. This is usually found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\XLStart.

  • 1 decade ago

    If you right-click on the column it gives you the option to rename it - on mine it says Field 1, Field 2 etc instead of A B C.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.