: ) asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 10 years ago

A book about spying (espionage)?

I'm looking for an interesting book about the history of spying, during the Cold war, etc. I don't want just facts, I like stories. Thank you!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

How about these -

Amazon.com: The Spy Who Came in From the Cold (9780802714541 ...5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive Cold War espionage novel, December 6, 1999 ... against which all other espionage fiction of the Cold War would be judged. ... firsthand during his years as an operations agent for the British M15. .... Looking for books with non-stop action, suspense & intrigue, 280, 5 hours ago ...

www.amazon.com/Spy-Who-Came-Cold/dp/0802714544

Powell's Books - The Enemy Within: A History of Spies, Spymasters ...Sale Books by Subject · New Favorites: Fiction · New Favorites: Nonfiction .... Uncivil war. The godfather of secret service. Spy fever. ... from its development in ancient times through to the end of the Cold War and beyond, ... From the Monkey hanged as a spy during the Napoleonic wars to the British Double Cross ...

www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=9781846032172

Spy Fiction War World Books Authors British IntelligenceDuring World War I the preeminent author was John Buchan, a skilled propagandist ... Serious spy fiction books began to appear, however, as did the first books by ... intricately plotted suspense novels set against contemporary history. ... control over the spy fiction genre, and in the later years of the Cold War, ...

www.economicexpert.com/a/Spy:fiction.htm - Cached

Timeline results for looking for fictional book on history of spying during the cold war1991 The popular interest in spying in Britain really started at the end of the 19th Century, when quite a number of people began writing fictional books ...

pqasb.pqarchiver.com

1999 At their impromptu reunion on the other side of the Cold War, it quickly becomes clear that Allshott hasn't wasted a minute's reflection on his ... "The ...

pqasb.pqarchiver.com

More timeline results »

Book results for looking for fictional book on history of spying during the cold war

The Culture of the Cold War - Stephen J Whitfield - 1996 - 294 pages

Charlie Wilson's War: The Extraordinary Story ... - George Crile - 2007 - 572 pages

I googled - Looking for fictional book on history of spying during the cold war.

Source(s): google.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.