Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

I'm addicted to gaming. Any tips to stop?

Favorite Answer

Outside activities, maybe. Such as volunteering, taking up local classes, or gardening.

Or, if you have duties you need to take care of--such as work, or school, or cleaning--then focus on them before gaming.

And maybe get a timer and set it to something you feel is reasonable, and then force yourself to stop gaming for a half hour or more once the timer goes off.

Source(s): Guessing

Lessen the length of time you play each play period. Try to find other hobbies you're interested in. Go outside. Hang out with friends more.

Not trying to be a **** but go out and meet some girls but if you already have a GF spend more time with her cause games < GF

Source(s): I'm a heavy gamer but i stop at the drop of a hat for my girl

think of the electrical bills you have to pay every month,won't that money be better use somewhere?