Is my 1993 Honda Civic coupe a EX or SI model?

I am totally confused. I purchased the car with no tags on it. When I run my VIN through the Honda dealer they say it is an SI but half of the car says its SI but the other half says its an EX. They say that in '93 the SI only came in a hatchback but my car is a coupe. I run the model number from the VIN and it says its an EX. There are many differences like that so I have no idea. Any help trying to figure out what my car is would be great. Thanks

Favorite Answer

The Honda Civic Si is a sport compact / hot hatch version of the Civic built by the Japanese automaker Honda. The Si trim, which stands for "Sequential Injection," was introduced for the third generation of Honda Civics in both Japan and North America. In Canada the trim became known as the SiR for the sixth and seventh generations, and the Si trim was equivalent to the USDM EX and EX-L models

or

Fifth generation (1992–1995) - EG,EH, EJ1/EJ2

Fifth-generation Civic coupeMain article: Honda Civic (fifth generation)

Introduced in 1992 the redesigned Civic featured the usual increased dimensions as well as more aerodynamic styling. The wagon variant was now only available in the Japanese market where the previous generation wagon was carried over until 1995. The old HF model was brought back and renamed VX which was Honda's most fuel efficient model sold at the time. In North America the Si featured a SOHC VTEC valve train where as the VX featured VTEC-E and the Japanese Si featured a DOHC non-VTEC valve train D16A9. Continuing in the sporty tradition of the original Civic SiR, Honda sold several similarly equipped variants of the fifth generation car, still referred to as the Civic SiR, in Japan, Asia and Europe. The range of models encapsulated by the SiR nameplate grew to include the hatchback, sedan and CR-X Del Sol, all of which used a slightly evolved form of the Honda's 1.6 liter B16A DOHC VTEC engine, now yielding 160 horsepower (120 kW).

1993 Honda Civic Si

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am totally confused. I purchased the car with no tags on it. When I run my VIN through the Honda dealer they say it is an SI but half of the car says its SI but the other half says its an EX. They say that in '93 the SI only came in a hatchback but my car is a coupe. I run the model...

Source(s): 1993 honda civic coupe si model: https://shortly.im/oozWS

1993 honda civic coupe si model

• ?

1993 Civic Hatchback

The VIN never lies. If the VIN says it's an EX, then it's an EX, despite everything else. Also, you are right that the Si in 1993 was hatchback only. The EX and Si both had the same engine, transmission, and most parts, only the Si was hatchback, and EX was coupe and sedan.

Chris Cuevas nailed it correctly....

basically the only way you will have a 92-95 Civic Coupe Si is if your in canada, which it would be similar to a US civic EX.

EX and Si had the same D16Z6 motor. Si was in the hatchback body style and EX was for the coupe or sedan.

if you look at the VIN # it will be like this "2HG(EJ2)" where the 4th 5th and 6th Positions of the VIN number are its called the chassis code...... chassis code will let you know the trim level and stock engine your car came with.

5th Generation Civic's (1992-1995)

EG1 D15B JDM All 3-door/4-door/CR-X

EG1 D15B8 USDM 1993-1995 del Sol (8-valve)

EG1 D15B7 USDM 1993-1995 del Sol S (SOHC)

EG1 D15Z1 USDM 1993-1995 del Sol VTEC-E (SOHC)

EG2 B16A JDM All 3-door/4-door/CR-X

EG2 B16A3 USDM 1994-1995 del Sol VTEC (DOHC)

EG3 D13B JDM All 3-door/4-door

EG4 D15B JDM All 3-door/4-door/CR-X

EG5 n/a JDM All ? (ZC DOHC)

EG6 B16A JDM All 3-door/4-door/CR-X

EG7 D13B JDM All 3-door/4-door

EG8 D15B JDM All 3-door/4-door/CR-X

EG8 D15B7 USDM All 4-door DX/LX

EG9 B16A JDM All 3-door/4-door/del Sol CR-X

EH1 n/a JDM All 4-door/4WD (ZC DOHC)

EH2 1.5L USDM All 3-door CX/VX/DX (hatchback)

EH3 D16Z6 USDM 1993-1995 3-door Si (hatchback)

EH6 D16Z6 USDM 1993-1995 del Sol Si (SOHC)

EH9 D16Z6 USDM All 4-door EX

EJ1 D16Z6 USDM All 2-door EX

EJ2 1.5L USDM All 2-door DX

Source(s): know my honda's. honda owner. honda-tech.com member, and team-integra.net member

Your car is an EX...

In Canada, it would be an SI...

Between 92-95, the EG (chassis code) coupes were EX's and Hatchbacks were SI's.

....Even though they both shared the same (D16Z6) motor...

• cjp

No- we had a 93 SI coupe. They exist. We are in Canada, if that makes a difference.

i don't have an answer but maybe it would help out other if you post up a picture of your car from front to back and side maybe other people who know about cars can get a better idea of what it is