Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Nesh asked in TravelCanadaQuebec · 1 decade ago

TPS TVQ back from Canada or Quebec?


I am an Italian guy who lives in Canada.

I am not a Canadian citizen yet.

I have heard that, if you keep your checks and give give them to the immigration before leaving the country, you can get back part of the TPS and TVQ that have been payed during the stay.

Since I am not a citizen I should get them back because I wont get the pension from the state.

Is it correct? If not is there a way to get them back?

I have kept all the checks, as I usually do.



I've heard it the first days I've been here.

I dunno, the pension reason could be a nice one.

I am a resident but not a citizen, does it matter?

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are a visitor, you can claim PST back but NOT as a resident. Residents do not get any tax money back. Why would you think that?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.