Pokemon Ev training Questions (Pokemon Diamond)?
0. Is it practical to Ev train if my main goal is to beat the battle tower
1. What are the benefiting Natures for EVs
2. Where would i find a Ev reducing berries in Diamond
3. Name two pokemon for each category that provide 1 Ev after battle
4. What is a good lvl to start Ev training
5. how do i lvl up a Pokemon for Ev training without them gaining Evs i don't want
- Brutticus ForceLv 510 years agoBest Answer
0. Yes. Battle tower is as ruthless as the game gets. They EV there, you want every advantage you can get.
1. Depends on what you want your pokemon to do. Generally speaking, Smogons guides are a good place to start.
remember though, that Smogon's guides are geared towards Pvp, which is a different enviroment. It does have a battle tower guide, though
2. Nowhere. They are readily available in Platinum, however.
4. Any level.
5. Rare candies, or the daycare.
- FatefingerLv 710 years ago
Natures have different ways of affecting stats. What do you want out of them in particular. Every naute helps and hinders a stat. There are some natures that are neutral as they cancel each other out as they positivly and negativley affect the same stat. As for berries you would find them in plots in sinnoh and people will give them to you.
Shinx and machop
Bidoof and shellos.
EV training should be done immediatley. When you get a pokemon it needs to be the first thing you work on. As for gaining unwanted EV's the berris remove the EV's by 10. The stats will be affected immediatly by berries and fixed upon level up. EV training can be done at any time, the earlier the easier it is and must be done before reaching lvl. 100.
- JillianLv 44 years ago
i think it only matters if you have been using that pokemon or not. If you decide to start EV training your starter pokemon half way through the game, it's kind of too late since it already has some EV points so it is probably best to start EV training with a pokemon that has never killed anything whether it be a pokemon hatched from an egg or something you caught