Can you "accidentally" have sex?

My boyfriend and I have been dating since January and are planning on not having sex unless we get married. However a few weeks into our relationship he told me that he had had sex twice before, with his ex-girl friend. I was shocked and a bit sad, since I have worked hard at not having sex and wanted to be with... show more My boyfriend and I have been dating since January and are planning on not having sex unless we get married. However a few weeks into our relationship he told me that he had had sex twice before, with his ex-girl friend. I was shocked and a bit sad, since I have worked hard at not having sex and wanted to be with someone who had done the same. The strangest thing was, that he said it was an accident when it happened the first time between them. At the time I didn't think anything of it. But then as our relationship progressed we started getting more and more sexually intimate, and I started to realize that even in my most sexually aroused state, sexual intercourse with him would be a bit... tight...? I have asked him about it since and he said when it happened, she was just on top of him (naked) rubbing and he didn't even realize he had entered her. Is that even possible, let alone true? For him to slide into her without realizing it when it is both her and his first time?
I know I should be able to just trust him, and I want to, but I thought I would put the question out there... Thank :)
Update: It was not as if she were giving him a hand job, but they were actually rubbing together as if having sex (at least I am pretty sure that's how sex works... oh dear this is embarrassing...) however just not having intercourse. Is it possible that she would have had a large enough vagina as a virgin to have him... show more It was not as if she were giving him a hand job, but they were actually rubbing together as if having sex (at least I am pretty sure that's how sex works... oh dear this is embarrassing...) however just not having intercourse. Is it possible that she would have had a large enough vagina as a virgin to have him simply slide it without much effort? Wouldn't he need to be, directed, or something, into her?