Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

why do women sit behind men at mosque?

i am a 10 year old girl and goes to the mousque every friday and i want to know why we sit behind men i tried to sit by my dad yeasterday and the iman told me to go away to the women behind the men. it really made me mad what we are not good anuff for the men so we have to sit behind them

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because that's Islam honey. I'm sure now and days they'll come up with some sort of excuse to justify it now that people no longer accept misogynic ideas. But the truth of the matter is, is that this tradition is around because Islam is a religion invented by and for men. Some muslims will claim it's because men will be distracted by women -but if that is the case then they could have separated the room in half (women on one side, men on the other).

FYI: If you think that's bad in Saudi Arabia (the birth place of Islam) - women must walk behind men all times in the streets -and even grown women cannot leave their house without a male chaperon.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

because adult males are informed to diminish their gaze seeing a lady or in the front might want to lead them to free concentration. thinking some women placed on the niqab than that is more effective of that is in the back of ideally the room is larger off on the again no longer only for non secular motives yet say case in point in the time of ramadhan or jumaah on friday there has a tendency to be a more effective inflow of human beings attending the mosque commonly adult males you'll be conscious as for the carpet, i do not extremely understand it extremely is something that you would possibly want to could settle such as your own human beings. provided that for women that is not obligatory for them to attend the masjid (women agency and all and searching after relations at domicile) the rooms have a tendency to be smaller. yet inspite of this, at some mosques there are dividers set up next to the position adult males are praying even though it extremely is in a lot of circumstances because the mosque is small and there is case in point a smaller extra community centres.

• 10 years ago

Because if your pretty and sit beside a guy, he might stop thinking about why he is in the Mosque and will start thinking about you....

I'm Muslim and i don't go to Mosque even on friday but i believe this is the reason

women and men are equal in Islam but this is just to avoid accidents

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Troll

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's not anymore a hidden fact that this religion prioritize men over women

• Raatz
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

So the men won't stare at their asses while they're bent over?

• Corey
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Tradition. Sexist, chauvinist, misogynist tradition.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because most religions are sexist.

• Noctis
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

because they think men are more significant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.