The Holy Trinity --- do you know this story from orthodox origin? what is it in detail?
04-JO-08:38 ‘I TELL YOU MOST SOLEMNLY, BEFORE ABRAHAM EVER WAS, I AM’. (words spoken by Jesus)
(THEOLOGY – STORY OF A POWER SO GREAT IT SPLIT IN THREE AND THUS THE TRINITY WAS FORMED).
- 10 years agoFavorite Answer
By understanding who Jesus is you can better understand the teaching of the Holy Spirit.
- computernutLv 510 years ago
1) There is only one true God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5).
2) The Father is the only true God (John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:6).
Logic applied to Jesus:
3) Jesus is God (Colossians 2:9; 1 Timothy 3:16; Isaiah 44:6 with Revelation 1:17-18).
4) Therefore, Jesus must be the Father (John 14:9; John 10:28-30)
Logic applied to the Holy Spirit
3) The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2:11,13; Matthew 3:16 with Luke 3:22).
4) Therefore, the Holy Spirit must be the Spirit of the Father (Mark 13:11; Luke 12:12 with Matthew 10:20).
The distinction is not between "persons in the Godhead," nor is it between "persons" at all but between God existing both as an authentic and complete human being with a distinct human consciousness and will (Son) and as God omnipotent continuing to exist apart from humanity with a distinct divine consciousness and will (Father).
Apostolic Believer in One God, JESUS
Khalil Ullah.... just curious, were you ever a drill sergeant in the US Army? I had a drill sergeant by that name in basic training.
- 10 years ago
- Anonymous10 years ago
I second the thought the trinity was from the Council of Nicea, and your above quote is more proof of the separateness of Heavenly Father and the glorified Christ than their unity.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Ford_CraneyLv 710 years ago
Actually GOD is ONE,it is a monotheistic religion.The trinity doctrine was first introduced into Christianity by a Greek philosopher named Tertullian and it was later accepted into the state religion Constantine set up at the council of nicea in 325 A.D. for the Roman Catholic church.
- supertopLv 710 years ago
"I AM" - singular. If God is a trinity, it would have to be "We Are."
- Khalil UllahLv 610 years ago
Trinity is just a human terminology and not in the Bible. The Bible itself, OT and NT, always says that YHVH our God is one YHVH.
Aren't you, your word, and your spirit trinity, all human, and yet one by good logic? Similarly God, His Word Jesus, and His Spirit are all divine, and yet one by logic. How can God and His Word not be one? How can God and His Spirit not be one? Aren't God Word divine? Aren't God Spirit divine? The Bible and the Quran agrees. By understanding who Jesus is, you can better understand why God, His Word, and His Spirit are one.
1) Quran 4:171 says, “Christ Jesus the son of Mary was an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not ‘Three’ desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. YHVH our God: Father, His Gracious Son, and His Merciful Holy Spirit are one YHVH. Thus, Allah, His Word Jesus, and His Spirit are one. The word Trinity while Allah, His Word, and His Spirit as one, which is logical, the term itself is not in the Bible. The word Trinity in Quran refers to Allah, Mary, and Jesus, a cult belief, which is idolatry. But Allah, His Word Jesus, and His Spirit are one by simple logic.
2) Jesus said, “the LORD our God , the LORD is one” (Mark 12:29, NKJV). The Hebrew word for LORD in capital letters is YHVH (vs. Lord meaning Master). Hebrew Alphabet Charts in the internet such as at http://www.amerisoftinc.com/hebletr1.htm translate the tetragram YHVH as “Hand Revealed Nail Revealed”; i.e. Jesus. The Old Testament Malachi 3:17 proclaims that we are saved by fearing Him and meditating on His name, which is YHVH. Thus, in both the Old and New Testaments we are saved through Jesus, known as YHVH.
When Isaiah 40:3 and Matthew 3:3 proclaimed John the Baptist “prepare the way for the LORD” (Jesus), it was not just the Lord but God YHVH Himself, Jesus. I like the NKJV translation because it retains this distinction in the New Testament.
3) The words: God, Allah (from Syriac word “Alah”), Unknown God of the Greek, Chinese Crucified God ShangDi meaning “Lord Above”, and Hindu Crucified God Purusa meaning the Person are just titles, similar to titles such as the President, the Father, the Christ, etc. God’s only name is YHVH, pronounced Yahveh, Jehovah, Yahuwah, but the same Hebrew tetragram.
4) Quran 29:46 proclaims, “say, ‘We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow’” As the Bible was written hundreds of years before Muhammad, to deny YHVH as Allah is to disbelieve Allah or kafir.
5) In the Quran, Allah proclaims the Bible as His Words (sura 4:47, 4:163, 3:3, etc) and Allah said that He will guard His Message from corruption; i.e. unalterable (sura 15:9, 10:64, 18:27 etc). If Muhammad or Muslims have questions about the Quran, Allah commands Muslims to ask those who have been reading the Bible (sura 10:94), instead of relying on the false teachings of men who reject Allah and interpret the Quran from myths. To claim corruption of the Bible is to disbelieve Allah or kafir.
6) “His name is called The Word of God” (Rev 19:13, NKJV). John 1:1-4, 14 proclaims, “In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. … And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us” (NKJV, comment added in parenthesis). Thus, Jesus was the God’s Word who came to earth. He is the creative power of God and through Him God created all things including His own body upon coming to the earth. To say that Allah who created the heavens and the earth, animals and mankind, has no power to come down in the flesh is kafir, disbelieving in the power of Allah.
Genesis 1:1 proclaims, “In the beginning God AT created the heavens and the earth.” The two letter Hebrew word AT was not translated nor put into English Bible. Alef is letter number 1 (first) and Taf is letter number 22 (last) in the 22-letter Hebrew alphabet chart. Thus, the full translation should have been “In the beginning God AlphaOmega created the heavens and the earth.” God AlphaOmega is Jesus (Rev 1:8).
7) The term Son of God often confuse people because we associate the word "son" as the product of marriage from a father and a mother. The Bible and Quran agree that God did not marry a human and have a child because the Word was in the beginning with God and He was God and God is one. As Jesus says, “Before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58). The Hebrew word for “I AM” is YHVH just as God revealed His name to Moses as “I AM WHO I AM” (Ex 3:14). In fact in Genesis 18, in Mamre, YHVH, later on known as Jesus, visited Abraham and promised him Isaac through Sarah, who was barren and past child bearing age.
10) The Messiah is God in the Person. As Isaiah 9:6 says: He is “a child … Prince of Peace … Mighty God.” Thus, the term Son of God simply emphasizes the divine nature of the Messiah and the term Son of Man simply emphasizes the human nature of the Messiah.
11) Just as Jesus came from above, He returned to above. Just as Quran 4:171 says that Jesus is the Spirit from Allah, in Quran 3:55 Allah said, “O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee of those who blaspheme. I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection.” The word “take thee” comes from Arabic word ‘wafat’ meaning “cause you to die.” Thus, the Quran proclaims that Allah caused Jesus to die, and raised Him again to Himself; i.e. Jesus is the only person who is unto Allah in His bodily form right now. Jesus is alive in Heaven acting as Allah. The great apostle Paul did not meet Jesus the Person, but was called by the risen Jesus the God from the Heaven. Apostle Paul wrote many books of the Gospel while performing divine miracles in the name of the risen Jesus and by the power of the risen Jesus, such as raising the dead and healing the sick including instantaneous creation of body parts.
12) According to the Bible we are saved by Grace through Jesus, and transformed by Mercy through the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:4-8, Eph 2:7-8). Truth and Grace came through Jesus (John 1:17). He is the Grace of Allah. Syrian Christians at the time of Muhammad called Jesus as Rahmana in the invocation “Bismilalaha Rahmana Rhima” that became the “Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim” meaning “In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful” that starts every chapter of the Quran except the jihad chapter 9. Quran 19:87, 17:110 25:60, 43:45, 20:109, 19:21 proclaim that the only intercession is through Ar-Rahman just as Jesus is the only Intercessor according to the Bible. Thus, God the Father, the Most Gracious Jesus, and the Most Merciful Holy Spirit is one and yet distinguishable, just as God, His Word, and His Spirit are one but distinguishable. God is one.