bryan m asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

MIKE RICHARDS, SUPREME LEADER?

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON MIKE RICHARDS?

MY OPINION IS THAT HE PERSONALLY GRABBED THIS TEAM WHILE DOWN 3 - 0 TO THE BRUINS AND BY SHEAR WILL AND PERSONALITY HE LED THE FLYERS TO A SERIES WIN OVER THE BRUINS.

THESE GUYS ONLY COME ALONG ONCE IN A WHILE AND ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WOULD GIVE UP A CAHONI TO HAVE THIS GUY.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It was Richards actually. His fire the entire playoffs has really kept this team going. Sure he didn't score all the goals (led the team in assists and points though) but Richards led by example. I think Laperriere is the one who said the it all starts with Richards. His hard work is contagious and the rest of the team starts to catch on...kind of like how Clarke was the fuel for the Broadstreet Bullies. Like that man was the don. Richards is the don of this team.

Source(s): least injuries? Flyers: Emery Boosh/Leighton Carter Laperriere Gagne half the series (not to mention Giroux/Gagne/Betts are going to require surgery at the end of the season. Betts has a broken shoulder, Gagne reinjured his toe in game 6, Giroux's extent has not fully been released but he has shoulder problems) Bruins: Krejci Sturm Seidenberg pretty lopsided
  • 1 decade ago

I don't think he did this by himself. Gagne was awesome; he had 4 goals in the 4 games he played and had 2 game winners. Richards and Gagne were both interviewed after the game and pointed to the play of JVR as being key. He played hard and got the Flyers on the board tonight. Leighton was very good too considering he hadn't played for weeks until Boucher got hurt in game 5. Pronger was a key addition for the toughness and skill he brings to a team.

I'm sure most teams would love to have Richards on their team but before we anoint him the next Mark Messier we may want to see if he can lead his team to a cup win first.

• 1 decade ago

...no.. it wasnt mike richards..

Why is everyone alwasy looking for ONE hero.

That team with the LEAST amount of injuries won..

Congrats.

its over now...

now you have to worry about being swept by the Habs.

Source(s): To tim: Chara - broken hand (still playing with it.. tough guy)..not to mention broken nose still Lucic isnt 100% yet Savard still isnt the same yet Seidenburg Stuart still has a messed up hand but he wanted to join the action Marco Sturm.... gone for playoffs and part of next season David Krejci... ultimate playmaker gone so nice try.
  • 1 decade ago

He is a great leader and captain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it wasnt richards

• 1 decade ago

CROSBY IS BETTER

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.