How do I address seating cards for my wedding?

I understand that each persons name should be written on the seating cards, but what if I don't know their name? For example some of my guests don't know who they are bringing yet as their guest. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Ooo that's a toughie. Well why not have escort cards that they pick up before they are seated that read "John Smith & Guest" and put the table number they are seated at instead.

This is a tough one. This is one of the problems we had. Our wedding is on Sunday and we just finished doing the seating cards last night. The real solution to this problem should have been the guests writing the guests name on the rsvp card.

M__________________________________

__ Will be attending

__ Will not be attending

Since we forgot that part our first solution was to have "Smith Guest" on the table card for the ones we don't know. What we ended up doing was; me, my FH and MOH called our friends that had "and guest" on the invitation and asked them for their friend/BF/GF/husband/wife's name. We're actually glad that we called, because some of the guests ended up saying "my bf is not gonna come anymore because of work schedule".

• Liz

The cards should be for each couple, not each person, unless of course the person is there alone. They should read Mr. and Mrs. John Doe. Or Mr. John Doe and Guest. Or, Mr. John Doe.

• drip

John Doe and guest would be on the card.

The way my husband and I did it was to fill out a car for each couple and then for those that weren't married or didn't know it was their name "and Guest". You don't need to have a card for every single person there.

• grable

Are you doing guy or woman seating taking part in cards? basically positioned there first and final names. it is not a controversy in any respect. whether you're putting couples names on one card basically positioned there first and final call. in case you do not have that a lot area, positioned their first call and final preliminary.

they need to let you know by your rsvp date so you can make them a seating card.

but you should have some cards available that simply say "guest" so you can insert them in where needed if someone does bring someone you don't know.