Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Hollister returns/ exchanges?

I’m planning on shopping at Hollister this weekend because i REALLY NEED SUMMER CLOTHES, but i’m planning on losing weight. If i wear what i’ve bought 2-3 times will i be able to return the clothing/ exchange it later on if it won’t fit me anymore?

Favorite Answer

Quick comment: Your username is "nerdy," but you shop at Hollister. What an oxymoron. I mean, it's good that you aren't falling into a steryotype, but I don't know too many nerds who shop at Hollister.

As I see it, you've got 3 options:

1. Buy the clothes now. If you only lose a couple of pounds, then your clothes will be a little baggy. No big deal- you can run 'em through the dryer, and they should be a little more fitted. However, if you lose 20+ pounds, this could potentially be a problem. Yeah, you could donate them to a friend, but clothes at Hollister aren't cheap. So, I would do one of the next two options:

2. Buy the clothes later. As a reward to yourself for losing the weight, you can go shopping at the end of the summer. Since you do need clothes RIGHT NOW, I would buy inexpensive clothes, and use the money you saved to buy clothes at the end of the summer. (see option 3)

3. Buy the clothes somewhere else. I would reccommend a thrift store, but some people are repulsed by the idea of wearing someone else's clothes. However, I will tell you that I have a great pair of American Eagle Jeans that I bought for $4 at my thrift store. If you would rather have new clothes, I would reccommend Walmart or Target. (Walmart for jeans; Target for shirts) Walmart's jeans tend to run about $16, while Target runs about $35. Shirts at either are great, although I personally prefer target.

I think it's a little unethical to return the clothes after wearing them around. Plus, do you really want to walk around all summer with tags hanging off of your clothes? That would be really uncomfortable. I am hoping you intend to lose weight the healthy way, which means you'll probably be wearing these clothes more than 2-3 times, unless you intend to buy 20 pairs of shorts.

If u keep the tag on it. and if u plan on losing weight buy the clothes after. The summer clothes can wait. Especially if u really think ur gonna lose the weight.

you only have 2 weeks usually, you can still exchange but not refund, i think

you cant return worn clothing to any store. give it to a thrift store or to a friend.

No, you cheapskate. That's gross.