? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Old Horror Movie Name?

I remember once watching a movie when I was younger; I was about seven or eight. It was a horror movie of some sort; it was probably made in the 80’s or 90’s. Anyways the story was about these people trying to escape from a museum or large building of some sort. And there was a large lizard like dinosaur monster chasing theme trying to kill them. Also if I recall there was a blue twister tornado monster or something like that witch would also kill them and at the end of the movie I remember like a magical lamp (like in Aladdin) or something like that. There is one seem in the movie I remember very clearly though – (one of the boys was trying to climb up a scaffolding thing like pipes maybe and the lizard man/creature was trying to kill him. If you have a clue what this movie is called please tell me the name or if you think you may know too please say. 10 points to the right answer.

Thanks, Alpha

It's not "The Relic"

Favorite Answer

Except for the "blue twister tornado monster" and magic lamp, I'd think it was this:

The Relic (1997)

starring Penelope Ann Miller, Tom Sizemore, Linda Hunt, James Whitmore, Clayton Rohner

IMDb synopsis:

A researcher at Chicago's Natural History Museum returns from South America with some crates containing his findings. When the crates arrive at the museum without the owner there appears to be very little inside. However, police discover gruesome murders on the cargo ship that brought the crates to the US and then another murder in the museum itself. Investigating the murders is Lt. Vincent D'Agosta who enlists the help of Dr. Margo Green at the museum - she has taken an interest in the contents of her colleague's crates. Unknown to both there is a large creature roaming the museum which is gearing itself up for a benefit reception which the city's mayor is to attend.

You can read a lengthy synopsis here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Relic_(film)

EDIT: I gave it a shot! I simply do not know of any movie with the "tornado monster" and a magic lamp, plus a dinosaur-like creature. "Doctor Mordrid" has dinosaur fossils and magic, but I'm certain it's nowhere near your movie. I've been brainstorming to no avail.

Sounds a little bit like The Hills Have Eyes. It was an older movie, but they made a remake a few years ago. I saw the remake when it first came out, and I'm a little rusty on the plot. But it sounds a lot like your description

• shir

Except for the magic lamp, it sure sounds like the original Jurassic Park movie lol.