What are some similarities between hamlet by Shakespeare and a Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens?

I am having trouble finding some common ground with these two works and any help would be much appreciated. Similarities could range from, but are not limited to, ideas and themes to events and occurrences. I am not looking for "both hamlet and defarge are driven by revenge" but rather "both both hamlet and defarge are driven by revenge as a result of..."( I can't even think of something to end that with)

Favorite Answer

Do you HAVE to do those two? There aren't really that many comparisons to be made. Hamlet and Mme Defarge both want revenge because family members were murdered, but the comparison ends there.

You could say that they're both mad, I suppose, but Hamlet is pretending to be mad, and he can't take revenge when the opportunity is right in front of him, while Mme Defarge is on a single-minded murderous rage. I find it very odd that anyone would try to compare a Shakespearean version of a Senecan tragedy to a Victorian novel.