Please name this verse in the Christian Bible?

In the Bible there is a verse in which Jesus says something to the effect of "someone will come after me".

1.) Can someone here explain the context of this verse. Islam and Mohammad?

2.) Post the actual verse and/or name where it is found.

Thanks!

Pete...You must be an R & S newbie....I forgive you. Now, are you going to give a proper answer or not?

Favorite Answer

jesus is about to orgasm, and expects his jo buddy will come afterwards.

Its in the Book of Jebus, verse 69

I'm not sure where Jesus said that, but John the Baptist said that about Jesus:

John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the desert, 'Make straight the way for the Lord.' "

Now some Pharisees who had been sent questioned him, "Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?"

"I baptize with water," John replied, "but among you stands one you do not know. He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie." John 1:23-26

John14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—

John14:17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

I don't see even a smell of Mohammed here...Mohammed is a evil person who married 6 year old girl when he was 60 and had sex with her. Mohammed's heaven was filled with vigins and sex. he has no goodness in him

Jesus did say that he and his father would send another at the end of the age,and yes it is true,Jesus and his Father Yahweh have sent another,and if you wish to find this man go to www.rael.org,and read the book Intelligent Design,here you will find the one whom is sent by our creators...

He was referring to the Holy Spirit.

It's not Jesus who speaks the words you are thinking of. In the Old Testament, Moses prophesies about Jesus

Deuteronomy 18:15 - 16

"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him. For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, "Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die."

In the New Testament, John the Baptist says that Jesus will come

Matthew 3:11

"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."

Jesus promises the Holy Spirit, but he is talking about himself

Acts 1 8 - 9

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight."

Jesus explains it clearly in John 14:15 - 30

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?"

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

"All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me, but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

"Come now; let us leave."

It is DEFINITELY NOT Mohammed. Mohammed denied that Jesus was God, and so he misunderstood the whole point of Jesus's self-sacrifice. To Muslims, prophecy is about the exercise of worldly power, and they would much prefer to sacrifice YOU on their altar than to make any sort of sacrifice themselves. They want to claim authority from God, but they deny that the Holy Spirit dwells in human form. So the form of their power is inhuman and cruel. Allah is not a god of love, he is a god of power.

• Robert

In the CHRISTIAN Bible? As opposed to Muslim Bible, Jewish Bible and Buddhist Bible?