Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 decade ago

What time at night does TD bank deposit EI through direct deposit?

I am wondering if anyone knows what time at night TD Canada Trust deposits EI into my bank account. I'm just wondering if it is at 12:01, etc.

Favorite Answer

In the US all electonic clearing starts about 6:00 or 7:00 pm ET. Everything from every bank runs through the system. There is no way to predict exactly what time what will go through since there are millions of transactions to clear. Everything has to be completed, cleared, posted to the accounts by 6:00 a.m. If clearing something from outside of that clearing center, all those get batched to the other district/regional center for completion the next night. This is why out-of-state and certain other items take longer to clear and be posted to your account.

Canada has a similar clearing system, but I don't know the details. What was deposited by cut-off time (probably around 3 or 4 pm) clears overnight and is posted effective at 6 am or so - before the banks open for the day.

Td Bank Direct Deposit

Td Direct Deposit

I filed on the 17th and my return was accepted on the 17th as well. I also have a "receive by Jan 31st" date on WMR. This is starting to worry me. The website has been down all weekend and the hotline is telling me the same 1/31 date. I really hope this updates tonight at some point so we all have some peace of mind. At this point I think it would be a miracle if I got my refund by the end of the week. Does anyone else have a DD by 1/25 date when they call the hotline? My refund was accepted the first possible day refunds could be accepted, so this is all so confusing for me. I have heard some people have a 1/25 DD date and others have a 1/31 date. That does'nt make me feel very confident that things will work out in my favor.

I saw this question asked in a forum and a TD representative said anytime before and up to 6am of your payday.

My bank "changes over" from one day to the next between 2AM and 3AM. You know when they're doing it because the bank's website becomes briefly unavailable

3 am EST. I believe this is because it is now 12 am PST meaning it is a new day Canada wide.