well the ipad be the death of novel books and comic books since you can just read them on there?

will the ipad be the death of novel books and comic books since you can just read them on there?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

No. I won't buy an iPad--did you know that an iTouch does MORE than an iPad? I think that's a useless piece of technology (I mean, it's big, you can't really transport it easily. You can't play Actiontec (youtube) videos on it. There's no stylus, so you can't write notes/draw on it. What's the point of having a giant iTouch that can't play online games/videos on?).

Not to mention I despise the name (sounds like a feminine product to me). Apple just has to put a lower-case "i" in front of a one-syllable word and the mindless masses come flocking like it's the best thing ever.

No thank you. I'll just buy my $4 books in the store (where I can have social interactions; ever bought a book and a cookie and just read or an hour or two in the cafe? It's much more pleasant that playing Star-Trek touch-screen), and I can read my comics online for free.

I don't need an iPad, and as soon as the hype wears down, I'm sure people will realize they hardly use the $400 powerless iTouch they bought.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No. Convenience is nice, but there's nothing like holding a book's spine in your hands or putting your finger between pages as a temporary bookmark whenever you're eating something or taking a sip from your cappuccino at the bookstore.

• 10 years ago

i quite enjoying reading a hard copy of a book.. and to be able to hold it and i think many people will agree with me however i think the future generation will probly be accustomed to reading everything pretty much on screens. so iPads will be popular then hopefully not the death of books.. : (

• 10 years ago

never their will all ways be people who just want to pick up a book and sit on the Chaise long. plus i don't think the ipad will be very good for eyes in the long run, and books are the greatest thing ever invented they will never dieout.

bye

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Of course not. I can't afford an iPad, but I can afford $3 books.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.