Do you think there's any chance that Didier Drogba comes back to play in the World Cup?

For those of you who haven't heard Drogba broke his arm in a friendly game against Japan, he was originally said to be missing thre world cup for sure. The team is now saying he is going to be flown to Chelsea to be checked out Saturday morning and will be having surgery immediately if the doctors feel its necessary and then the coach is saying if all is well he will give him the go ahead.

Is this even physically possible?

Drogba is carrying The Cote D'Ivoire on his bag he is the king of that country right now and has done so much to the country, is it possible that he surpasses this injury to play in the world cup because his team needs him that much?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Kevin
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It might be too late for him. I'm not sure he'll have enough time for his arm to heal before the cup. And if he does play he risks doing permanent damage to it, potentially ruining his soccer career.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

interior the Uefa Champions league, purely the elite communities from each and each league is chosen, for e.g. the appropriate 4 communities interior the full league. The winner of the Champions league is then in a position to compete interior the fifa international club championship, the place the winner of the different continents champions leagues compete and the winner is topped the wonderful club interior the international. The Uefa cup is for communities that end basically decrease than the appropriate 3 or 4. to that end, around 5-8. The communities that are entered interior the Champions league qualifiers, yet do not qualify get to compete interior the Uefa cup. the two a sort of competitions are for the golf equipment in Europe. different continents have there very own champions leagues. The great cup is a contest between the Uefa cup winners, and the Champions league winners

• chris
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

explain to me how he could play. obviously if he plays he is going to still have a broken arm...this is not an injury you can "will" yourself back from. His **** is broken!! I don't care how much he thinks/wants to play it aint going to happen. So quesiton to you is this....what happens when he takes the field for the first time. If i'm the opposing coach i am going to go straight after him. Hit him with as many hard tackles as i can get and just watch him fold like a card table. What happens when he instinctively plants that arm to catch himself from faceplanting into the ground? oh look its broken much worse then previously injured.

So what do we have here? We have the powers that be at the World Cup looking at a tournament where one of the premier faces/players has a broken arm and won't be able to play. To bring viewers in that may have decided against watching they formulate this story about how he will miraculously get better to boost ratings. This is a ploy used by american football teams all the time if one of their key members is hurt. They will lie just so that the other squads will prepare for him anyway not knowing if he will play or not.

• 1 decade ago

I mean they say he won't have time to recover but I say who hasn't prove doctors wrong before. He could surpass the injury if he has the will and mind to do it but in reality the odds are against him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sadly, it looks like its too late 4 him

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.