Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

7 minutes of your time 1979 Gulf of Mexico failures to stop the oil - Has BP made fools of you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHmhxpQEGPo

Youtube thumbnail

1979 --- and operation top hat was called operation Sombero

Booms try to contain the slick -- 30 yrs later it hasn't gotten any better

Oil plumes threaten just under the surface

Cenco becomes Trans Ocean in 2010 ( same company involved today )

The blow out preventor failed then and again in 2010

Loop current 79 and 2010 -- taking the oil to the coast of Florida

Shooting metal into the hole -- Junk shot

Operation top kill repeated 30 yrs later was the same failure

-----------------------------------------------------

Profit for BP

26 Billion last year ( What is your State debt ?)

DRILLING A RELIEF WELL AT THE SAME TIME ?

Has BP and the media just made you look like an ignorant fool unaware of your own past ?

Has their dog and pony show 2.0 worked because you are that ignorant and unaware ?

Do you deserve to be made a fool of ?

Best Answer

They're lying to us about the two "sinkholes" in Guatemala, so I don't expect them to tell us the truth about this either. If most of us actually do believe that those giant holes are natural "sinkholes" maybe people deserve to be fooled!

Edit: I watched it. Wow, some things never change. "1984" (the book)--all of this disappeared down the "memory hole" for the majority people who were around back then! Sad!

There are a lot of similarities. I guess that is what happens when you have Federal Bureaucrats in charge of running things instead of people who know what they are doing.

You do realize that BP had been cited for safety violations 780 times don't you? By comparison, Exxon/Mobil was cited once. What was done about those 780 violations? If you say nothing, you would be correct. So much for Federal Regulation.

*

• Chelfi

And that 1979 spill took 9 months to stop, in spite of it being in much shallower water and spilling at a much slower rate.

Meanwhile, if we'd taken Carter's advice and put the full will of the nation in developing alternative energy sources (particularly solar) over the course of the last 30 years the current spill would never have happened because we probably wouldn't be extracting fossil fuels anymore.

Oh. And it would be the U.S. raking in the bucks for the new technology.

I know they are lying.

This is intentional. That is why is has to gush and gush for months.

To destroy America and what is left of her economy.

Entire town's and cities will die off. Entire states will be devastated. This is a disaster that has untold horrors ahead.

2 relief wells.Isn't that special now they have 2 wells instead of one.Somehow they come out with twice the wells they had with twice the oil.I smell something and it ain't just the oil.

• L.T.M.

My State's debt has nothing to do with BP and their profit.

Drill you fools drill

• Not of me, but of 0bama.