Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 10 years ago

Why do people fear socializing?

I have fear of socializing with people. I try to be independent. I fear that if I don't social with males and females, I can become into a bad person. Why do people fear socializing with others?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

People who are afraid to socialize are usually very hard on themselves they beet themselves up when they say or do something that has a negative feedback from others around them. People who are afraid to socialize are very smart and super observant. Think about it those obnoxious people are usually the least observant and aren't as thoughtful and they are careless to what others think. Making them well...careless (usually) . It douse show a good character when your afraid to be in a social setting i used to be that way and still am at times.

Its good to care what others think to a certain extent.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

If you don't forget to care and have compassion on others than you don't have to worry about being a bad person even if your not socializing much. Fear of socializing I believe is through mental conditioning. Too many bad experiences over and over again or a really bad incident (whether in this life or past) teaches the mind that this is dangerous, stay away. So when confronted with a social situation the natural reaction of the mind would be to fear. Like almost anything in life there's a positive and negative, but with fear present its almost impossible to see the positive so the mind gets into this rut of always reacting with fear and anxiety, even when there's nothing to fear. If someone were to teach and reinforce the mind over and over again about the positives and why there is nothing to fear then the mind simply wouldn't react with fear anymore. Sometimes its hard to do because of how deeply embedded the fear is. Sometimes its not b/c the fear was caught early enough.

• 10 years ago

It is right that they are afraid to be judged, many people learn to socialize in years like elementary and middle school. But if they have a difficult time or are not successful in cases it can have an effect where people will watch what they say more than actual talking. It does not mean you can become a bad person, far from it. Different people have different needs for socializing. The only thing I would not do is not socialize at all. Try to work you way up like talk to people you do not know through the internet. After you get comfortable with people you don't know try on something like facebook where you can talk to co workers or fellow students. Then after that comes easy it should be easier to talk to someone in person. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Scoiology Class, Experience
  • 10 years ago

You dont think good thoughts about yourself, maybe dont even like yourself and fear rejection because once you were rejected that led to you feeling inadequate, disliked, a nuisance to others and likely to be rejected. FEAR is the negative causing all the side effects that become part of its clan and you are beautifully falling for the lies and deceit of negative thoughts feelings and emotions that keep you trapped in a pit of self pity. You need to find out the truth and that is that you are actually worthy and a nice person and someone God brought to earth to be somebody. Yet you are listening to all the wrong voices. Realize that every single one of us is here for a purpose be it big or small. We are all running the race of time and merely passing through this life. You have your own set of thumb prints, making you unique, one of a kind. You are talented but your life is crippling you and making you believe that you are a nothing. YOU ARE SOMEONE AND SPECIAL TOO!!! Most of all to God you are priceless and meant to be part of the big puzzle of life and without your piece the puzzle will never be complete, so go out there and do what you have to do and be who God made you to be. Gain CONFIDENCE. Walk into a room and single out a person you know and ask them questions about themselves. People love talking about themselves and if they wont - they have issues, not you. Sit with confidence, eat with confidence, speak with confidence! Be accountable, thoughtful, kind, patient, nice to be with and positive, positive and positive. Be an example instead of an excuse!!! Fear of socializing results from rejection and a spirit of unworthiness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

The question is not why do people fear socializing, it's why do you fear socializing.

• 10 years ago

They're afraid of being judged.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

They have asperger syndrome

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.