if you bought something in Europe for 100 European dollars how much is that in the US?

just wondering

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

The European Union uses the Euro for their currency, not "dollars." And at todays exchange rate, € 100.00 would be equivalent to $ 119.885 in US dollars and C$ 125.016 in Canadian dollars.

Another way of looking at it is that if you were in Europe today, $ 1.00 USD would get you about 83 cents in €uros.

For Americans and Canadians, that is over 10% better than the rate was 3 months ago! The Greek/European Union debt crisis is one of the main reasons for that change.

YahooFinance is absolutely great for currency conversions! That is what provided this precise answer which changes every day based on worldwide currency fluctuations. Just go to Yahoo > Finance > Investing > Currencies > Currency Converter and you can figure out the current exchange rate for every known currency in the world and also find out what countries in Europe use the Euro.

My Apple/Mac computer has a cool thing called Dashboard with great little Widgets. One widget is called "Converter" (it uses the internet and current Yahoo!Finance info) and you can very quickly convert things like currencies, temperature, speed, length, weight, pressure, energy, etc. There are iPod and iPhone apps that do the same thing.

Another currency website is www.gocurrency.com which also has interesting info about currencies. Here you can find interesting facts like this: The euro, often signified by €EUR, is the currency used by most members of the European Union, as well as regions such as Montenegro, Kosovo, Andorra and more. The euro is the result of the most significant monetary reform in Europe since the Roman Empire.

Or go to that same www.gocurrency.com website to see some fun facts about EVERY country and their unique or shared currencies including the good old USA and the $USD where they have info like this that I bet you didn't know:

$ USD - A few nations besides the United States actually use the U.S. dollar as their official currency. Ecuador, El Salvador and East Timor all adopted the U.S. currency independently; Additionally, local currencies of several states such as Bermuda, the Bahamas, Panama and a few other states can be freely exchanged at a 1:1 ratio for the U.S. dollar. Finally, a number of nations have tied their currencies to the U.S. dollar.

Well, you got a lot longer answer than you asked for, but I hope you and other Yahoo! readers will find this interesting and helpful!

Source(s): I have traveled to Europe and Canada many times and use these converter apps and my "personal brain converter" all the time to figure out prices and sizes for things in the different countries. Yahoo Finance > Currency Converter http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/#from=... http://www.gocurrency.com/countries/euro.htm
  • 3 years ago

the cost of oil has some to do with it. The nationwide debt has plenty to do with it and the indisputable fact that human beings felt forced to spend more advantageous than they make causing own credit issues has plenty to do with it as well. And no, Europe isn't paying united statesa.'s debt!

• 10 years ago

I think you mean 100 Euros, and that would be about $120 U.S. dollars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.