Whose had more success Gaga or Taylor?

Over the past few years who would you say has had more success, Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift? Based on awards, sales, records broken, statistics etc., I just was thinking about how they had both done so well but couldn't figure out who has done better. Don't base it on who you like better, but on who you honestly think has had more success thus far.

• Anne
    Favorite Answer

Album Chart on Billboard: Taylor (Debut album at #5 and Fearless at #1 while Gaga Fame at #2 and Fame Monster at #5)

Singles Chart on Billboard 100: Gaga (2 #1 hits: PokerFace and Just Dance while Taylor's highest: You Belong with Me is only #2)

Nominations: Gaga (167 vs Taylor's 100)

Award Won: Taylor (62% vs Gaga's 48%)

2008 Albums Sales: Taylor ( 5,841,935 vs Gaga's 3.3 Million)

Winner of this comparison: Taylor

Right now most of this is just a comparison in the USA (their home country) minus the download sales and their other albums since it was hard to tell how much they actually sold. Of course if you add the other countries and stuff in this, the result of success may be a whole lot different.

(And note this comes from a person who doesn't like either of them)

I'll say Lady Gaga because she's really talented and the hype around her is huge although Taylor has had more success because of the awards she has gotten. They both broke equal amounts of records and album sales have been about the same. The real question is whose next album will do better? I'm betting on Gaga because her success IMO has stabilized her for the years to come. I don't think I can say the same for Taylor because you never know when your fans are really young.

Taylor Swift! Lady Gaga is creepy.

GaGa for sure Taylor can't sing(and Beyonce is Better than Taylor lol)

taylor but gaga is much better

gaga by far

and taylor cant sing and gaga can i mean cmon!

hmmm Im gonna say gaga I believe that she has

they are about equal