Drinking Wine at a 5yr olds party is this child endangerment?

My older (34 yr old) sister had at a birthday party for her stepson. 2 children from his daycare were in attendance but only 1 parent stayed. During the party she asked this adults if they would like some wine. The children ran around in and out of the house while the adults including the birthdays both biological mother and father congregated in the kitchen. When they noticed the kids all disappear outside they when out and found said 5 yr old in the pool flailing. She yelled at him saying he should know better and laughed it off to me saying "I guess peer pressure is starting already since it was a 7 yr old girls idea".

I live 14 hours away so I was not in attendance otherwise I would have railed at her to even suggesting to open a bottle of wine. Can they be charged with child endangerment or at the least negligence? If you have any link to specific laws I could send her I would appreciate it. She has stated its a "tradition" of theirs to break open a bottle of wine at his party.

My children will never have summer visits with their Aunt due to this atrocious behaviour.

Favorite Answer

Adults consuming alcohol at a private event where children are present is not child endangerment.

Source(s): The Revised Code of Washington State.

No that is not newborn endangerment or overlook for the adults to have some beverages at a childs party. A bottle of wine shouldn't get a set of adults less than the impression of alcohol to the point to the position they could't responsibly shelter the youngsters. That being stated, in the journey that they were very less than the impression of alcohol and unable to oversee the youngsters by way of alcohol, it is extremely irresponsible and that i too should be disenchanted at them.

Drink wine at a child's birthday party isn't child endangerment as long as it's done in moderation. I don't think any child who can't swim should be anywhere near a pool without supervision.

• Doesn't sound like they were even drunk. Just sounds like they took their eyes off of their kids. It happens. The pool owner needs to keep the pool fenced and locked. They will experience a huge lawsuit if some random kid drowns.