What can I do with ground chicken?

I bought some ground chicken at the market last night but don't have the slightest idea what to make with it!

Recipes please!

Thanks and happy cooking! =)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ground Chicken Noodle Bake Recipe

Ingredients

3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles

1/2 pound lean ground chicken

1 medium onion, chopped

1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder

1/2 cup water

4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed

X Featured sponsor

Ya'll want a

shot at $25K?

1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley

1 garlic clove, minced

1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions

Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken and onion over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

In a small saucepan, combine the milk powder, water, cream cheese, parsley and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until cream cheese is melted.

Drain noodles; add to cream cheese mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.

********************************************************************************************************************

Ground Chicken Stroganoff Recipe

Ingredients

1 pound ground chicken

1 small onion, grated

1 cup sliced mushrooms

2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1/3 cup buttermilk

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream

Hot cooked noodles

Minced fresh parsley, optional

Directions

In a skillet, cook Chicken and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, buttermilk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat gently but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

********************************************************************************************************************

Chicken Sausage Patties Recipe

Ingredients

2 tablespoons chopped onion

3/4 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided

1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple

1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

Dash ground cinnamon

1/4 pound ground chicken or turkey

Directions

In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in 3/4 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Add apple; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Stir in seasonings. Crumble chicken over apple mixture and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.

In a skillet, cook patties in remaining oil over medium heat or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.

Ground Chicken Gumbo

Ingredients

1 cup uncooked long grain rice

1 pound ground chicken

1 cup chopped celery

1 cup chopped green pepper

1/2 cup chopped onion

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes

1 cup sliced fresh okra

1 cup chicken broth

1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon ground thyme

1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Directions

Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the chicken, celery, green pepper and onion in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain.

Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.

• Login to reply the answers
  • angela
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

You can use it any way that you use ground beef. But, note that it will taste different so be prepared. I usually buy ground turkey and ground beef and mix them. That way I still get the beef flavor. Something else to consider is adding beef bouillon to it when you cook it. I do this with venison burger and it helps give it more of a beef taste. You can probably find recipes specifically for ground chicken at www.allrecipes.com or www.recipezaar.com.

• 10 years ago

add grated 1 medium onion, some ketchup, seasoning, depending on the amount of ground chicken, 1 or 2 beaten eggs, matzo meal or breadcrumbs to enable a mixture that you can make into small balls or into a latkas style. Fry in good oil on a medium heat. Keep watching they do not burn. Flip over when one side is done. Drain on kitchen roll. Enjoy!

Source(s): Just made it up!
  • Marie
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

You can use ground chicken in any recipe that calls for ground beef or ground turkey. Here is a website with really good recipes for ground meat. All that I have made has been very good.

http://www.easy-groundmeat-recipes.com/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I have honestly never used ground chicken, but would love to.

Allrecipes.com is wonderful

Just go up to the Search box, click "ingredients", and under the "INGREDIENTS I WANT:" category, type in, ground chicken.

This pulls up meatloaf, burgers, meatballs, lasagna, even Sheperd's Pie!

You can use it in place of beef in I'm guessing just about everything.

• 10 years ago

use it as a lean substitute for any ground beef recipe patties,loaf sauce etc.

• 10 years ago

you can generally use it in place of ground beef:

chicken burgers

chicken casarole

chicken chili

chicken tacos

goes on and on forever

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.