xenaphobe asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Canucks need another Superstar? 'Van Fans'?

The sad days of Bure and Mogilnys days of grandure are long gone.

Bure blowing his knee right before the playoffs with Mogilny was one of my lowest points as a fan.Or in some respect even Burrtuzi suspension right before the playoffs,breaking the hot line of Naslund,Morrison and Bertuzzi up.Van has really gone Nowhere without some form of Superstar.Sedins as a hole aren't good enough due to inconsistence.

Vancouver has seems to go nowhere without some for of Superstar.

Both last pickup days right before the cap,Van has FAILED at retaining decent veterans or a Awesome or Superstar player to push for the cup run.Gilli's is obviously a retard.

Am I the only one thinking this way?????????????...I still am upset about this year ending so soon.I know the hawks are good,But Van should of got even and beat them,and Louongo never should of shaved the beared :) Or if he did ,let about 1 goal a game in.

Favorite Answer

They did have the leading scorer in the league. So lack of a superstar is probably not the problem.

I know if you are going to pay your goaltender like a superstar and then name him team captain he had better come up big in the playoffs.

But this year I think the Canucks really missed Willie Mitchell in the playoffs. You also need somebody to shut down the other teams stars and that is where the Canucks could have used Mitchell and his leadership.

What do you call henrik sedin? He led the league in points what more do you want? What the canucks need is a goalie who is better than mediocre. Luongo is so mentally weak and he is maybe the most overpaid player in the league. You also need a better defense, the canucks have no shutdown guys with the exception of maybe mitchell but even then that's not a very good shutdown guy.

I want Vancouver to trade Luongo for Lecavalier. This deal makes sense for both teams if you think about it. Both players have long term contracts,Tampa bay needs a goalie,Canucks need all the help they can get, Vinny can play on the second line centering kesler or vice versa, we can split the starts with raycroft and schnieder.

Vancouver gets a superstar player who HAS won the cup and we finally get a new captain hopefully kesler or henrik

What is Sedin? Every team can use another superstar, but Sedin is a top 5 player. Not every team gets one of those.