Do you buy water from plastic bottles or drink filtered water from taps?

With the growing number of these empty bottles polluting our land sites, some municipalities are now banning the sale of water in plastic bottles.

Favorite Answer

When the water from the tap in the town we used to live in (El Monte, Calif.) gave us intestinal parasites back in the 80's, we bought a Multi Pure filtration system for the house. The replacement filters were expensive and we had to replace them every two months. After a couple of years of this we started buying bottled water. I hated using the bottles because of the pollution they cause. Then we bought a Zero Water Pitcher. The water from it was great....for about 3 days, then it would release all the pollutants from the filter and the water tasted horrible and toxic. Now we have four 5 gallon bottles that we fill up at the Aqua Fresh dispensers in front of the stores for 30 cents a gallon. No more polluting the landfills and no more stinky nasty water from the tap. The store dispensers probably don't filter out much, but at least the water doesn't stink. Humans are half cockroach anyway, our food and water are both full of things we don't want to know about.

I have been buying bottle water for at least 9 yrs now... I moved , and the water tasted so bad. Also I worked and I thought this was easy for me..... Not really !! I know I will have to change that. I am planning on buying a water filter system for my home. I don't want too pollute the land any more with plastic bottles. Also they have so many different kinds of drinking mugs out there for coffee or cold drinks. I have already bought a few of those.

Things really have to change, to improve our envelopment.

• Autumn

I have been buying the plastic bottles but I recycle all of them. I do have a water cooler/dispenser that holds the big 5 gallon bottles of water but it is broken and I haven't decided whether to pay the cost of repair or to buy a new one. Also, I've been thinking of getting a water filter for the tap. When the city had control of our water supply, it was horrible, but after a private company took it over it greatly improved. I hate it when people throw the plastic bottles out in the trash or litter.

I have water delivered from a service, and I use reusable water bottles. If I do use the plastic bottles I make sure the empty bottle comes back home with me and goes in the recycling trash. If I see an empty plastic bottle discarded somewhere I bring it home for recycling. I am very conscientious of not letting any of those things get put in the regular trash.

Source(s): Every little bit helps.

really? wow that's kinda crazy lol I do use A lot of bottles HOWEVER I take them to a RECYCLING place in town & get money for them. So I am not polluting the land fills lol

I'll drink it from the tap as long as its well water, i cant stand the taste of city water. I just have an issue of smelling chemicals & chlorine when im taking a sip from a cup.

I used to buy and drink from those bottled, plastic containers but that was for convenience while on the job. For the past five years or so my husband and I have gotten into using our Brita pitcher which is fine.... our water isn't so horrible anyway, but it's well water and does have a lot of minerals. I don't mind drinking my minerals, but don't necessarily need to see the li'l thangs, thank you.

I just drink regular water -- believe it or not, NY tap water is amongst the cleanest anywhere. NY has a 5-cent deposit on plastic water bottles now. The kid gets those, as they are easy to bring to school.

Both

Tap water contains flouride

Bottled water has lots of minerals

but really does it matter

Yes but I try to reuse them as much as possible when I go to the water store .

You would not want to drink the water from the tap where I live - it is very alkaline

I drink tap water with ice. Bottled water is the biggest gimmick since the pet rock. "A sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum.