Is the band "Therion" satanic or anti-christian?

I really don't mind about the title of "Satanic" and "Christian",I listen to Cradle of Filth and As I Lay Dying LOL but I'm just curious to know it.Thanks.

They use magick-related signs,but the music is important.

Favorite Answer

They are more about magic, pagan, mythology, and occult stuff.

Source(s): Me
  • kernan

Therion Band

mmm, it's a bit debatable.

Chris has mentioned a bit here and there of his occult dabblings in various interviews, but there's nothing he's said that's really placed him in a single stone.

There is a bit of significance to certain songs of theirs however. For example, the reason that they couldn't print the lyrics for The Siren of the Woods with Theli is because their record label wouldn't allow them to print the translation for it.

He is a member of some massively diverse scholarly group of occult studies, but I can't remember the name of it. It's somewhere on wiki and google if you spend some time digging up some dirt.

Either way, he just uses it musically for concepts. Nothing to take as what would be considered ritualistic, or of targeting the audience. If it is ritualistic at all, I'd imagine that it'd be deeply personal for him, and probably unknown to be so publically.

Tell ya what, if I meet him, I'll ask him myself.

• ackron

each now and then, particular. There are some bands that are patently anti-God and anti-Christian. as an occasion, the band Deicide. they are against faith greater often than no longer and Christianity specially. in spite of the incontrovertible fact that, no longer all metallic is evil. i like heavy metallic song. I even have listened to it for 25 years now. considered one of my in demand bands is Metallica (their previous albums from the 1980's). Dave Mustaine of Megadeth is a born lower back Christian. Like each little thing else, there is sturdy and undesirable in song. yet heavy metallic gets singled out as being nefarious, as a results of fact it has a smaller following, and is often misunderstood. particular, some rock and heavy metallic is satanic. yet on no account all of that's. There additionally are loads of Christian metallic bands, too. My in demand song is thrash metallic from the 1980's and early 1990's. I save issues in attitude. in spite of the incontrovertible fact that i like song, God comes first in my life.

I wouldn't call them Satanic or anti-Christian they are into Magic and stuff kind of like one of my favorite Old School bands Uriah Heep.

The Wizard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq8nQOhZ3u8

Youtube thumbnail

Magician's Birthday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiK5st6CDYQ

Youtube thumbnail

No, they follow some organization called dragon rouge